Magento Forum

Magento Connect Error! 

VisualFrames

Total Posts:  230
New York, NY

I am getting the following issue on the magento connect when trying to access the extensions from my store’s installation of magento 1.0
This appears on the top of the page above the magento connect frame.

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/etc/pear.conf) is not within the allowed path(s): (...:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in ..magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Config.php on line 625
Magento Downloader

Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Any idea what I am missing or if it is a magento connect issue?

Image Attachments
magentoconnectissue.PNG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

manolodf

Total Posts:  56
Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

Does anyone know if this is related to the file permissions issues? There have been a few instances of this in the Installation Threads. This might be where you need to chmod 777

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanr

Total Posts:  14

I’m getting this error as well.  Anyone know what’s going on?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

Hello,

VisualFrames - 03 April 2008 07:16 AM

I am getting the following issue on the magento connect when trying to access the extensions from my store’s installation of magento 1.0
Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/etc/pear.conf) is not within the allowed path(s): (...:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in ..magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Config.php on line 625
Magento Downloader

This error has to do with a common PHP security measure that is in place on most shared hosting environments.  It is used to keep shared neighbors from accessing files outside of their own ‘base dir’ectory.

VisualFrames, I have fixed this on your account so you should no longer have this issue.

I would like to note for the serp’s that this issue can not be resolved without the assistance of your shared hosting provider.  Simply submit a help request through your hosting providers support desk requesting that open basedir restrictions be lifted on your account.

VisualFrames, if you continue to have any difficulties with this please let us know.  We are standing by to assist you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

amrish16

Total Posts:  2

Crucial Web Host - 09 May 2008 06:20 PM

Hello,

VisualFrames - 03 April 2008 07:16 AM
Magento Downloader

This error has to do with a common PHP security measure that is in place on most shared hosting environments.  It is used to keep shared neighbors from accessing files outside of their own ‘base dir’ectory.

VisualFrames, I have fixed this on your account so you should no longer have this issue.

I would like to note for the serp’s that this issue can not be resolved without the assistance of your shared hosting provider.  Simply submit a help request through your hosting providers support desk requesting that open basedir restrictions be lifted on your account.

VisualFrames, if you continue to have any difficulties with this please let us know.  We are standing by to assist you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community