Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

After-Install issues: Mage_Eav_Exception: ‘Invalid attribute requested: name’

parse

Total Posts:  7
Uppsala, Sweden

Hi folks
Thanks for a great ecommerce (still looking on your samples, since I can’t get it to roll wink )

I didn’t find any problem in the installation, running the latest “full"-version.

Error that comes up:

exception 'Mage_Eav_Exception' with message 'Invalid attribute requested: name' in /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/Mage.php:290
Stack trace
:
#0 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Collection/Abstract.php(387): Mage::exception('Mage_Eav', 'Invalid attribu...')
#1 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Wishlist/Block/Links.php(53): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract->addAttributeToSelect('name')
#2 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Wishlist/Block/Links.php(68): Mage_Wishlist_Block_Links->getWishlist()
#3 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Wishlist/Block/Links.php(34): Mage_Wishlist_Block_Links->getWishlistItems()
#4 [internal function]: Mage_Wishlist_Block_Links->addWishlistLink()
#5 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(348): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(258): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateAction(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#7 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(250): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#8 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(254): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#9 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(186): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#10 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/PageController.php(39): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout()
#11 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(232): Mage_Cms_PageController->viewAction()
#12 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(138): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('view')
#13 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(139): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#14 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/app/Mage.php(356): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#15 /home/web27869/domains/parse.se/public_html/index.php(27): Mage::run('base')
#16 {main}

Let me know if it’s anyting more I should post about the enviroment

Greetings
Anders Hassis

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hobbes006

Total Posts:  13

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem. Same error messages!

I ran two installations.  One installation was done locally on my computer (local) via WAMP and it works perfectly - no such error messages.  The installation works perfectly fine and all I really had to do was to ensure that mod_rewrite is enabled and pdo_mysql, curl etc php extensions are enabled.  So the local installation is a success. I can access my from end http://localhost/magento/ as well as the administration panel http://localhost/magento/admin/

Settings for Local WAMP 5.1.7.0 are:
MySQL version 5.0.22
PHP 5.2

However, when I set up the same on my server online (managed to get the installation process to work), I get the error which you have just described… Exactly the same error.

Settings for my Online Server are:
MySQL version 5.0.27
PHP 4.4.7, with PHP “enabled”.

The interesting thing is, I can still access the admin panel.  But when I log into the admin panel, I can still see and use the admin panel navigation but I have this error showing up:-

exception 'Mage_Eav_Exception' with message 'Invalid foreign key' in /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php:290
Stack trace
:
#0 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Collection/Abstract.php(427): Mage::exception('Mage_Eav', 'Invalid foreign...')
#1 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Sales/Order/Grid.php(42): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract->joinAttribute('billing_firstna...', 'order_address/f...', 'billing_address...')
#2 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(357): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Sales_Order_Grid->_prepareCollection()
#3 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(363): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_prepareGrid()
#4 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(173): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_beforeToHtml()
#5 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(266): Mage_Core_Block_Template->toHtml()
#6 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(250): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('grid', true)
#7 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid/Container.php(63): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('grid')
#8 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/widget/grid/container.phtml(30): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid_Container->getGridHtml()
#9 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(104): include('/home/odeon0/pu...')
#10 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(134): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#11 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(181): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#12 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Template->toHtml()
#13 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(266): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->toHtml()
#14 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(250): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('content', true)
#15 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page.phtml(129): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('content')
#16 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(104): include('/home/odeon0/pu...')
#17 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(134): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#18 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(181): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#19 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(490): Mage_Core_Block_Template->toHtml()
#20 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(209): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#21 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Sales/OrderController.php(49): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#22 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(232): Mage_Adminhtml_Sales_OrderController->indexAction()
#23 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(138): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#24 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(139): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#25 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(356): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#26 /home/odeon0/public_html/magento/index.php(27): Mage::run('base')
#27 {main}

Can anyone advise us how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,
Calvin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Piclez

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I’m having same issue, running PHP Version 5.2.2 and MySQL 4.1.11

exception ‘Mage_Eav_Exception’ with message ‘Invalid attribute requested: name’ in /home/domains/test.com/html/magento/app/Mage.php:290
Stack trace:
#0 /home/domains/test.com/html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Collection/Abstract.php(387): Mage::exception(’Mage_Eav’, ‘Invalid attribu...’)

Any ideas? Probably MySQL version problem?

It says on System Requirements:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements

# PHP 5.2.0 or newer, with the following extensions/addons:

* PDO/MySQL
* MySQLi
* mcrypt
* mhash
* simplexml
* DOM

# MySQL 4.1.20 or newer

I have all those extensions/addons installed and verified in phpinfo!

Any help please. I ‘d love to test drive this ecommerce platform.

Thanks,

Peter.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hobbes006

Total Posts:  13

I managed to resolve my problem.

I could possibly help you.

Which Hosting Service are you using?

PM me if you need some help.

Regards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RUDE

Total Posts:  3

I get the same error, everything was working fine till I modified the config.xml to install the Spanish translation, restoring that file doesn’t help. This is the error:

exception 'Mage_Eav_Exception' with message 'Valid store_id is expected!' in /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/Mage.php:290
Stack trace
:
#0 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Type.php(90): Mage::exception('Mage_Eav', 'Valid store_id ...')
#1 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php(907): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Type->fetchNewIncrementId('0')
#2 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Attribute/Backend/Increment.php(32): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->setNewIncrementId(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Quote))
#3 [internal function]: Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Attribute_Backend_Increment->beforeSave(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Quote))
#4 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php(578): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php(1136): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->walkAttributes('backend/beforeS...', Array)
#6 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php(798): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->_beforeSave(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Quote))
#7 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(171): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->save(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Quote))
#8 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Session.php(59): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->save()
#9 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Block/Links.php(32): Mage_Checkout_Model_Session->getQuote()
#10 [internal function]: Mage_Checkout_Block_Links->addCartLink()
#11 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(404): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#12 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(314): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateAction(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#13 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(306): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#14 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(310): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#15 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(226): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#16 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/PageController.php(39): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout()
#17 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(278): Mage_Cms_PageController->viewAction()
#18 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(138): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('view')
#19 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(139): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#20 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/app/Mage.php(356): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#21 /homepages/35/d220032697/htdocs/magento/index.php(27): Mage::run('base')
#22 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

RUDE

Total Posts:  3

I managed to resolve it too, it was some kind of issue with the store code.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bwave

Total Posts:  2
Munich

could you two please help and describe what you did to get that issue fixed. same problem here after installing some modules after clean install.

Thank you very much in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community