Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sorry posted this in the suggestions area…. 

freshfromi

Total Posts:  8

Hello… Feature Request for Future Magento CE or other editions…

We had a customer whose order was lost by UPS, so now I need to send an order for free that will affect inventory
properly. I have entered the order in the admin module, however I cannot submit a free-shipping order as there is no
free shipping option available by default to Admin.

We offer free shipping on our site with minimum purchase amount, however this order does not qualify as I have
made all line items going for free. Now when I place the replacement order for the customer, I have to select a shipping
method for the order to be allowed to be submitted.  What is needed is the ability for the admin to book a free shipping
order.  So this free shipping method is available to admin only and at all times regardless of order size or destination.

I can get around this by issuing myself a free shipping 1-time only coupon. However it\\\’s better that the option is there
all the time for admin order entry.

And of course the option could be removed by an admin to not appear if a user is not authorized to use that feature.

Robert

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community