Magento Forum

Payment engines

Inline Media

Total Posts:  130
The Netherlands

Hi,

In the Netherlands we use a payment method named iDeal, which is provided by several payment providers.
For example a company calt Buckaroo. The have made plugins for Oscommerce and zendcart.
I was wondering when can we expect to build in our custom payment/checkout systems.

Thanks for a great piece of software! Magento looks not only very nice, but workt extremely friendly!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

_

Total Posts:  152

Bluemotion. We cannot be sure but i think that international payment gateways will be delivered by our community and not by Varien team. They will probably set only the most important gateways up. As i see Magento’s team is very helpful so we can count on them if there’ll be any problems smile

There are zounds of modules and gateways so we should let Varien focus only on core development smile to the final release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Inline Media

The Netherlands

Thanks for your reply, I wasn’t expecting Varien to develop payment gateways, but can we expect documentation how to implement new payment gateways. This because Magento isn’t a stable version yet, just a preview version.

Magento Community
Magento Community

handcoded

Total Posts:  110

I have built allot of Zen Cart shops in the past and am really looking forward to using magento instead. The screencasts should help customers understand how the software works. In the Zen Cart World most payment gateways I believe are just variations of the authorize.net module so as soon as one payment gateway is provided by Varien it shouldn’t be to difficult to modify the code in order for other payment gateways to be supported.

As long as Paypal and Google Checkout are supported most people should be good to go.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Inline Media

The Netherlands

handcoded - 17 September 2007 06:16 AM

I have built allot of Zen Cart shops in the past and am really looking forward to using magento instead. The screencasts should help customers understand how the software works. In the Zen Cart World most payment gateways I believe are just variations of the authorize.net module so as soon as one payment gateway is provided by Varien it shouldn’t be to difficult to modify the code in order for other payment gateways to be supported.

As long as Paypal and Google Checkout are supported most people should be good to go.

Maybe one of the Magento developers can give an answer if we can expect a payment gateway example?

Paypal and Google Checkout are not much used in the Netherlands, most used payment types are credit card en iDeal.
iDeal stands for a paymentsystem, which means you can pay direct with your own bank account. All dutch banks are connected to iDeal.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Magento Team

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Documentation will be provided which will make things easier once the API is finalized.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Inline Media

The Netherlands

RoyRubin - 17 September 2007 10:49 AM

Documentation will be provided which will make things easier once the API is finalized.

Can you already tell when the documentation will be provided? Q4 of 2007?
Sorry for pushing, but this feature depends whether I can you use Magento or not.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Magento Team

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

We are hoping to have documentation ready by the end of the year.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community