Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Notify customer of Shopping Cart Price Rules in the shopping cart

bigmag

Total Posts:  63

It seems logical that if you have a promotion of some sort that doesn’t need a coupon code, then you should tell your shoppers if they nearly qualify. Something like “Items in your cart almost qualify for free shipping” or “Add another branded item to your cart to get 50% off”.

So I put the following code into template/checkout/cart/item/default.phtml to dump out the rules.

$this->_rules Mage::getResourceModel('salesrule/rule_collection')->load();
foreach (
$this->_rules as $rule{
echo "<pre>";
print_r($rule);
echo 
"</pre>";
}

I get some lines like [conditions_serialized] and [actions_serialized] in there.

Before I continue hacking away at this I thought I’d post here to see if anyone else has already done this. I’d pay for a solution if there was one since it’ll take me days at this rate to figure this out.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bigmag

I should add that I really just want to list promotions where the shopper already has an item in the basket that part qualifies them.

I don’t think Magento has a logical implementation of “buy one get one free” deals, when adding one item to the basket it makes no notification that the customer could have another identical item for free. So that’s one thing that this would help with, a message would appear saying “Your order qualifies for the following item free, click here to add it” or something like that.

I don’t want to just dump a list of all shopping cart price rules on to the screen. All comments appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigmag

Please also see this thread in “How do I?”: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8838/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community