Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple stores, indifferent languages

Mikkel Riber

Total Posts:  3

Hi Magento and users.

Congratz on your new release - i’ve been looking forward to this

My currently webshop runs on osCommerce, where i’ve been forced to create a psycial shop for each country my shop is operating in - i hope this can be done in another way using Magento, here is my case:

I have this shop - it operates in several countries, with each their “Country manager”. All countries shares the same products, but on different languages - and also different prices (Currency convertion is not possible) - i want to be able to define that in the DK shop the product costs xx DKK, but in sweden it costs yy SEK. Is this possible? Also the users must only send to their own country as we do not send from the DK shop to ie. Sweden.

I don’t quite understand the terms of Websites, stores and storeviews.

Would i in my case have to create a storeview for every single country? Or would i have to create a store for each country - and then again, whats with the “Default catalog group”.

Best regards
Mikkel

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community