Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Use “Custom Options” in Shopping Cart Price Rules? 

Greg Bull

Total Posts:  3

Hi All

New, here and love what I see so far.

Quick Question:

I have a product that I want to offer a special deal for, eg.

Buy any 2 large posters for $20.

I have these setb as simple products, and use “Custom Options” to allow custome to choose the size they want.

It looks to me that Custom Options are not available to use as selection criteria with Shopping Cart Price Rules - true?

I have had a good look at attributes, and can see how it can be done with that, but that would mean that I would need to create a product for the 4 different sizes that I sell, whe I would rather show the product one, and allow the user to select size form within product detail.

So, is it possible to imp;ement this special price for a simple product with Custom Options, or
is it possible to do what I need with attributes (without duplicating my product for ach option)?

Thanks

Regards

Greg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community