Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customers not showing up in Admin

tasydney

Total Posts:  16

Hi hopefully someone can help me. I have a problem with displaying customers in the admin area.

I have about 5 custom address attributes.

The customers are actually being created successfully when creating an account from both front-end and backend, but the page that shows the list of customers in the admin area stops loading as soon as it gets past loading the .nav-bar div.

The customers are showing up in the database.

I have tried deleting all of the custom attributes but that didn’t help. I also tried deleting all of the customers out of the database directly, but it did not help either.

Has anyone else come across this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tasydney

Total Posts:  16

A quick update on this problem.

In the file /code/core/mage/adminhtml/block/customer/grid.php

If I delete the following line

->addNameToSelect()

The customers show up again, it’s just that (of course) the Name value is missing for each customer.

I am not sure what this is actually showing me. Perhaps I messed up one of the system attributes somewhere along the line of adding new address attributes (using attribute manager).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community