Magento Forum

Error while publishing a new extension to the community channel

jimmysp

Total Posts:  7
Brasov

Hello,

I am trying to upload a new community extension, but I get this message:
* Channel: Can not publish new extension release [ Maintainer “jimmysp” does not exist, cannot update ]

How can I add myselft to the channel maintainers? Or is this something the magento team has to do manually?
I also tried to change my username, it didn’t help (see here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/23191/)
I registered a new username, the same error message when uploading the extensions.

Thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

hey Jimmy, just stumbled across this via your post on yoast.com wink

The maintainer you add to your extension as lead needs to have the same user you use for uploading the extension to Magento Connect. Not sure if the emails have to match as well.

Seeing that your user name seems to include white spaces maybe you can try with setting up a new account without white spaces if “Jimmy DC” doesn’t work?

good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

jimmysp

Brasov

thanks fooman, but no luck :(

“Jimmy DC” was the screen name, jimmysp is the user login.
I have removed it, now the screen name is jimmysp, but the same message when i try to upload:
Channel: Can not publish new extension release [ Maintainer “jimmysp” does not exist, cannot update ]

The generated package.xml contains the section
<lead>
<name>DotCollective</name>
<user>jimmysp</user>
<email />
<active>yes</active>
</lead>

I tried with email, without it, with <name> the same as the screen name, or without it, but no go. I am not allowed :(

From the wiki:
The User field is your magentocommerce.com user name (found under My Account, User Name and Password). Don’t use your screen name here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Auckland, New Zealand

Sorry quickly running out of ideas here too. I have attached the file I uploaded a couple of days ago which worked (it was only an update though).

Good luck

File Attachments
Fooman_GoogleAnalyticsPlus-0.8.7.tgz  (File Size: 4KB - Downloads: 108)

Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Auckland, New Zealand

ps have you tried with your screen name? I just looked up the info as per the wiki and my account is lower case, but I am using uppercase in my user name.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jimmysp

Brasov

It finally worked, I used this maintainers section (in package.xml):
<lead>
<name>jimmysp</name>
<user>jimmysp</user>
<email>a*************@gmail.com</email>
<active>yes</active>
</lead>
(the FULL info)

And it uploaded this time without the error. Maybe in the wiki should be stated that all fields are mandatory.
I have repacked the tgz file by hand, I hope it’s ok and can be installed (because I don’t have access to a Magento account right now).
Thanks for helping!

Now the extension is Pending, hope to see it live soon smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

jimmysp

Brasov

Maybe the team should update the form output script and declare “Make sure you use the full info for the maintainers” instead of the error message without any meaning that is now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jimmysp

Brasov

I was hoping the extension will be published last night, but it didn’t. Now I don’t know if this is still an error or the operator just overlooked it. Anyway, it can be installed already from the community channel:

Install this from Magento Connect: change your Magento Connect Manager preferences to allow for beta state extensions, use the magento-community/DC_Catalog extension key and install the extension. Remember to refresh cache, log-out and login again (just the usual stuff smile that can save some frustration).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community