Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SQL database too big 1&1;hosting

equiplogistics

Total Posts:  57

Our database has got too big and gone over the 1&1;limit of 100MB.  I have cleared all the log files but it is still 3MB over.
I cannot understand this as it was only about 24MB last week after the weekly log clean.  I have added about 10 products, surely this wouldn’t have taken it over 75MB?

I have contacted 1&1;who have said they cannot increase the database size unless I move to a dedicated server.  Any help would be appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

equiplogistics

Total Posts:  57

Oh dear, looks like nobody knows.
My site will have to remain down whilst I try and work out what is happening.

Just out of interest the backup of the site is just over 1MB, however the database size is over 100MB?

Magento Community
Magento Community

DarrenL

Total Posts:  10

Unfortunately, 1&1;aren’t the most ‘developer friendly’ of hosts, and they’re certainly not particularly Magento friendly.

100MB as a database limit is pitiful in this day and age, and rather than try to work within their limits, you’d be better to save time and look for a host that is more Magento focused and allows larger databases on their systems.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

I was going to say the same thing as Darren.
That is a very low limit (even though my fairly active store’s db is only ~30Mb).

The small backup size is because it’s gzipped.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

liveuk

Total Posts:  15

Ours is Magento friendly and cheap as chips smile

i run magento sites and so I know it has all the right settings

Aslo has Auto install system for magento build in

osc3hosting.com

Mike