Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Magneto installation wizard” - “Configuration” area (via Xampplite) - “Continue” failure

ReignAndPour

Total Posts:  2

(this is exactly how I got to the point I am at now, and an exact email I sent to a friend of mine who is probably way to busy to figure this out for me. Help! Need to get my online business up and running!)

Hey bud. Question.. I cant find this resolved on any forum.. Not sure why its happening.. I’ve been following the guide (http://net.tutsplus.com/videos/screencasts/easy-e-commerce-with-magento/) and got down to the
“Downloading/Installing Magento”
section. Went through License, Localization, and got to Configuration. I’ve followed the guide and pressed continue, but it just reloads the page and nothing else happens. I have all the red asterisk items filled in (as default values). I found a few forums where people have the same problem, and no one has a resolution.

Do I need to change any of these values in the configure area? Or do you know what else might be causing the problem? What should I do next?

“Data Connection”
“Host*” localhost
“Database Name*” Magento
“User Name*” Root
“User Password” (blank)
“Tables Prefix” (blank)

“Web Access Options”
“Base URL*” http://localhost/magento/
“Admin Path *” admin

“Skip Base URL validation before next step” (Unchecked)
“Use Web Server (Apache) Rewrites” (Unchecked)
“Use Secure URLs (SSL)” (Unchecked)

“Session storage options”
“Save session data in” File system

There’s a bunch of people with this, or a similar problem (at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/32505/P0/). I had to use the older version of xampplite (1.7.0 instead of the newer 1.7.1 to avoid an error [with object.php line 488]). I’ve tried Magento versions 1.3.2.3 and 1.2.1.2 same problem with configuration though.

I’m completely clueless about this stuff. A total noob to internet store stuff

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Eseco

I’ll get the exact same thing, did you figure it out?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ReignAndPour

No, sorry to say I still haven’t figured it out. And no other responses on here either as you see.. That’s a bit of a frustration, that we can’t find an accurate, easy to follow guide that includes all the info a noob needs to complete the install. Maybe compatibility issue? I’m running 64 bit system.. Think that could have anything to do with it? Anyone else have any opinion about the issue? It’s been a week..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Perfilsur

Total Posts:  1

Hi All. Same issue for me. Any clue?
Just a tip. It happened to me after a first not successful installation.
It’s like Magento set some configurations despite that you don’t finish the installation process. This may be interfering with the process, the 2nd time you want to proceed.
Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

jayushah

Total Posts:  3

Yes i have same problem. No clue.
Using wamp 2.oh
php 5.2.9-2
mysql 5.3:11

Magento Community