Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error message for Varien_Simplexml_Config…. 

christophbcn

Total Posts:  4

Hi all,

I woke up this morning to find my website down (backend as well as I cannot access the admin panel). The error message that appears is the following:

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 8: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: img line 7 and p in /home/XXX/domains/XXX.com/public_html/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php on line 510
Trace:
#0 /home/XXX/domains/XXX.com/public_html/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php(510): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘simplexml_load_...’, ‘/home/XXX/...’, 510, Array)
#1 /home/XXX/domains/XXX.com/public_html/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php(498): Varien_Simplexml_Config->loadString(’??

I then edited the Config.php to find out the file path and got the following message:

Warning: include(Varien/Simplexml/Config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/XXX/domains/XXX.com/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93

Warning: include(Varien/Simplexml/Config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/XXX/domains/XXX.com/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘Varien/Simplexml/Config.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’/home/XXX/domains/XXX.com/public_html/app/code/local:/home/XXX/domains/XXX.com/public_html/app/code/community:
/home/XXX/domains/XXX.com/public_html/app/code/core:/home/XXX/domains/XXX.com/public_html/lib:.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in
/home/XXX/domains/XXX.com/public_html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93

Fatal error: Class ‘Varien_Simplexml_Config’ not found in /home/XXX/domains/XXX.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config/Base.php on line 38

I didn’t upload any updates nor changed anything in the code from yesterday to today. The only changes that were made were changing the color of the product description font.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks very much in advance.

Christoph

P.S.: (I’ve attached the autoload.php, config.php and base.php since they are the ones mentioned in the errors.)

File Attachments
autoupload.txt  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 53)
base.txt  (File Size: 2KB - Downloads: 25)
config.txt  (File Size: 15KB - Downloads: 43)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community