Magento Forum

Cant log in to admin panel

edzn

Total Posts:  7

running magento 1.3., i was tinkering with the user permissions, and was removing some of the user roles from an admin, when i saved the changes, it said access denied, and then logged me out, i since haven been able to login using the any of the admin accounts that had been set up. i get an access denied when i input any account credentials. ive tried restoring the site and database from backup without any luck, ive also tried commenting out some of the the the varian.php file.

thanks

ed

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

Hello,

Login in to phpmyadmin search for your magento Database ..under this you will find admin user table >> browser it and reset the password in MD5 mode.. and retry that should surely work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

edzn

thanks for the quick reply! i still have the problem, the password is correct , and evn when resetiing or requesting a new password, its till persists with the access denied

is there a way to reset the user roles in the database? i tried restoring the db from bacakup, and that didnt help the problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

edzn

figured out a little work around, created a new database, and uploaded a backup of the db into the new one, i then edited the config file, was able to log into the admin, then i went back to the config file, changed it back to point to the old database, went back to the admin and edited the user roles which had caused the problems in the first place, and then all was right with the world.

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community