Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Horrible Backup Issues - PLEASE HELP! 

bobbrodie

Total Posts:  132
Philadelphia, PA

Everything has been going very smoothly for us with Magento, but suddenly backups are not working.

When I go into the admin and into backups, the timestamp column is all blank. When I do a backup, it only creates a 17MB gzip file—normally they are around 100MB.

I tried to do a mysqldump with --opt and --single-transaction, and only a a 129MB file is created, normally a 600MB file is created.

The strangest part is that there are absolutely no errors, and I can create a new database form the backup, but it is only partial.

Has anyone seen this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

Are you on Cpanel server? I guess your backup cron process for this account is been killed by the server might be due to overload or other reasons..try to contact your hosting provider and ask them to generate a manual backup and recheck if thats creating complete backup for your account.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bobbrodie

Total Posts:  132
Philadelphia, PA

Thank you for your reply,

I’m hosted in-house. I don’t think it is a resource problem though. I fixed the timestamp column issue by installing magento-core/Mage_All_Latest. I’ve done a manual backup, and at the end of the .sql file it says that the dump is complete but the file is much smaller than it should be.

We have 2 servers.
Web Server:
2 Quad-Core Xeons at 2.8 Ghz
8 GB Memory
CentOS 5.3 with PAE Kernel
Apache 2.2 with eAccelerator
4 250GB drives in RAID 10

Database Server:
2 Quad-Core Xeons at 2.4Ghz
8GB Memory
CentOS 5.3 64-bit
MySQL 5.1