Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

One Word:  BRAVO!! 

manolodf

Total Posts:  56
Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

I just wanted to say a big BRAVO for the work put into the Magento Connect, Granted its not very populated, but I see the vision and it seems incredible, the potential is really tremendous.  It reminds me of the Iphone SDK business model, and I really think this will be great. Will also generate a lot of cash for the developers but is very much deserved.

I think we should all give our 2 cents and give feedback, the $75 for 30 days of job postings seems like alot, but at the same time guys, it really keeps the scum from hogging time and resources, so they make sure only serious buyers are there ready to launch a site. Someone that cant put $75 to start a business is probably someone a developer doesn’t want to deal with anyways. 

I want to be one of the first to be a Pro Support Member, and Kudos Roy, congratulations on everything.

One question for Roy, If we want to have Varien do work, do we go through the Varien Contact page, do we PM you, or what is the process on getting a quote from the people that developed this great cart.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Thanks for the kinds words! Magento Connect is only at its infancy in terms of our vision and where we’d like it to be. Over the next few months it will progress into a full exchange platform with transactional abilities. We invite developers across the world to join us in this effort and extend the Magento platform.

If you’d like to work with Varien, please submit a request through the contact or request-a-quote form. Although we are being flooded with requests we will do our best to respond and if we aren’t the best fit, we’ll be happy to make a connection with a partner.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

Well done Roy and Team!

Things are looking great - a lot of hard work all coming together at once, it must be a wonderful feeling for you.  We are excited to help be a small part of Magento’s success well into the future.

Atta boy!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sprout Collective

Total Posts:  64
Portland, OR / Orange County, CA

Agreed, I don’t think I could be more impressed with how the site has turned out, and especially Connect.  I just tested installing an extension and I actually laughed aloud; it’s too intuitive.

Bravo!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community