Magento Forum

Change product’s text and config in language store

jay77

Total Posts:  31

Hi,

i will have several languages in my new website such as english, french, german…

what i want to know is how i can create 1 product with different language text ?

When i create a product and add it to a category, i cannot choose whether this product will be shown in the french store and not the english one for example.

i found a way to do so, but it’s quite experimental :

1) i create a category in root called english
2) i create another category in the root called french…
3) i attach the english store to the root english
4) i attach the french store to the root french
5) i create a product and select english as category
6) i duplicate this product and select french as category
7) i change english description with the french description, as i have 2 differents products it works

I can say that this method works, but i have many problem with it :
- The quantity should be the same because it’s the same product, but in the admin i have 2 different products.
- when duplicated, i have to upload the pictures back again
- when i click on manage product i have 2 times the same description, so i don’t know which one is the french or english until i check

how can i solve this problem, i’m pretty sure, it shoud be a more professional way to have different text for the same product.

Thanks,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nabuhonodozor

Total Posts:  51

Hi,
The way I do is:
Configure store to have many views according to languages You use (english,french etc)
Than configure all aspect of the views (currencies, templates etc)
Now adding product: add simple product, put basic values and save it with option “save and continue edit”
Than from upper left menu choose right store view (english or french) - Then You ll have option to edit default product-values (the ones You provide) with another one.
I know it isnt big help but important thing is to learn how changing store-views works. Many aspect of the store have option for “default” view and for all additional views. In my case I have dual language store. If I add product , after saving it Ill have to edit it and modify descriptions for another language by changinh store view and than modify values.
best,
Piotr

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community