Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Please can someone help.. my new theme does not show frontend

simone1980

Total Posts:  5

Two days ago I also wrote about this, no one replied and I have been trying myself to solve it. I have re installed magento, but still it will not change the demo store frontend for the theme (free theme) I installed and set in app/design/frontend/default/ and skin/frontend/default and in the system/configuration/design in admin, I even added it as new design under system/design in admin.

Please can someone help me out, it took me 6 hours again to re install magento as it takes forever to upload the files onto the server. I have no clue as what to do next. I also put almost everything on the command 777 so it is writable etc.

I would be so grateful for any help!

Simone

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

Hi, Go to System -> Configuration -> Design and print the screen and repost it here. Well start that way. Also what hosting company are you using?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roy Andre

Total Posts:  209

Some more details on what you’ve done and we should be able to help you out.

We’ve also written detailed installation instructions for our own themes which will most likely work fine with your current theme as well.

Example of Magento theme installation instructions:
http://www.silverthemes.com/wiki/doku.php?id=megastore

Magento Community
Magento Community

simone1980

Hi Kris,

In the config. design tab I have written exactly what should be written, ‘JMPurity’ under the ‘theme’ (can’t seem to get the print screen working, am not on my own computer) where it should be and the interface is default as on my ftp.

I work under localhost.

Somehow the theme is active, it should be at least, but does not show still. I have tried to change the theme on the previous site I am working on and it changes as it should, so I am lost as why this one doesn’t work.

Would be very grateful for your help!!

I looked at the link with installation tips as well and have done exactly as is stated there except for adding that static block.

Simone

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

Going back to that, in order to get my theme to work, I have to tell it four times what theme to use (see picture). Just making sure you have it written four times as in the picture.

Image Attachments
THEME.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

simone1980

Hi Kris,

Yes I mentioned it 4 times, I even mentioned it in the design tab in system as well where you can add a design change and I added it to a category I made, no result.

It continues to load the default/default theme instead the default/JMPurity one.

Simone

Magento Community
Magento Community

dennisp

Total Posts:  11
Ukraine

I have the same problem. We have moved our magento installation to another server, had to tweak some records in the DB (to reflect doamin name change), and everything seems to be working, but no matter what we do, we cannot get Magento obey theme settng on the new server. It still loads default skin instead of the custom skin.

This is really weird as we copied all files and replicated DB from dump from the old server (without actually installing magento on the new server).

Magento Community
Magento Community

ray.myers

Total Posts:  6

I am having the same trouble with Magento not showing the modern theme.

It shows up on the home page (after I modified the cms).

It shows up on the checkout pages, but the catalog pages continue to show up in default theme.

I have tried emptying the cache, can I manually empty these folders without hurting anything?

var > cache

and

var > session

I have used the cache management tool in administration, however the files in these two directories still exist.

Why else would my catalog continue to show the default theme?

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

Allysin

Total Posts:  215

Hi red face

I have this exact same problem (copied the default theme in both locations and renamed it). I then selected the new theme in both places - under SYSTEM - CONFIGURATION - DESIGN and SYSTEM - DESIGN but the old default page still loads. I have deleted the Cache million times and disabled it altogether

I have a version 1.3.1.

Any ideas on what I need to do to make the 2nd theme load on the 2nd store front?

Thanks kiss

Magento Community
Magento Community

Allysin

Total Posts:  215

I figured it out!

All you have to do is change the DESIGN also in the CMS page - CMS - Manage Pages - select the appropriate CMS home page here and go to the Customer Design tab....  cool smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

ray.myers

Total Posts:  6

Very Very please you got this to work!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Maciej Fuglewicz

Total Posts:  1

Hi all,

I know this subj was here pretty few times but there is no way that i can’t manage new theme to work!

I’ve tried by Mconnect and ftp but nothing seems to be working, i use all cache and system/conf tips, transfering files to proper dir but my problem is that I DONT SEE ANY OF my uploaded themes.

first i tried ftp, went to CMS/ PAGES - cant see anything new, only:
about us , custom service , enable cookies , home and 404 , no new theme showing up there.

Then i tried use Mconnect , here the same, cant see new themes.

When i check files on ftp, there is like 8 diff setups : blank , blue , elect , iphone and my new one , but when trying to find it under ADMIN , cant see any of them, SCOPE - see only default config / main website / default store view.

Im really tired, yesterday i lost 9h to configure all , (had php4) and some other issues, today got back all install went good and now this stupid problem ! blah , really liked that script..

Pleaase help . . .

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ricardo_Martins

Total Posts:  48
Santos, SP, Brazil

Same problem here.
I did everything. Its development environment…
v 1.6.1.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

condairy

Total Posts:  3
North Carolina

Allysin - 03 July 2010 01:54 PM

I figured it out!

All you have to do is change the DESIGN also in the CMS page - CMS - Manage Pages - select the appropriate CMS home page here and go to the Customer Design tab....  cool smile

This did resolve my issue.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community