Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product availability attribute problem

zafisinl

Total Posts:  7

Hi!
Here is my problem.Everytime i create a product and save it,when i go to the frontend under the price of the product it says that product is available.Is that an attribute in the manage attributes area in magento?Can i edit this info when i add a product and choose between let’s say 2 or 3 options like i do with colour and manufacturer.But i want this info to show in the product page under the price not at the bottom of the page.Is that possible?Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

This can be helpfull http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/52549/

Magento Community
Magento Community

zafisinl

Hi!
Thanks for the quick reply!I have 2 types of products:simple and configurable.I want to have a drop down list with the following options:
1.in stock
2.Product Ships in 24/48 Hours
3.Available Soon

If i could edit the inventory attribute this would be easy because as you told me if i uncheck manage stock and change it to yes stock availability shows in the product page.But it only has 2 options in stock and out of stock.And in the manage attributes i can’t find this attribute either inventory or stock availability to edit these options.

If i create a new attribute called stock availability how do i replace the position of the new attribute and make it show where the stock availability of the inventory tab in the new product page shows?
Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

You’d better contact user cjpwood and may be we can share the development cost.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zafisinl

My friend it works great!Thank you very much for the quick reply and for your solution!
Thanks again!
gringringrin

Magento Community
Magento Community

DaKe

Total Posts:  41
São Paulo - Brazil

OMG! I was searching this for so long… thanks...thanks...thanks alot!

With this, I can still manage the stock, when the product turn 0, the product will be out, so the user wont able to buy it.
But they still says that have In Stock…
So what i did, was create an attribute “Out Stock”.
So, when any product turn “0”...i will have to manually change the availability to “Out Stock”.

Resuming, with this code i can take control to both products, in stock and by on demand.

Again, THANKS!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community