Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installation of Magento on Liquidweb Hosting but ends in Database connection error

rahul_shandilya

Total Posts:  1

Sub - Installation of Magento on Liquidweb Hosting but ends in \\\"Database connection error\\\”

Hi Guys,

I am trying to install Magento CE 1.7.0.2 ver on Liquidweb Hosting website but it keeps getting errored out on 2nd step itself saying \\\” Database Connection error\\\”. I tried various methods to work on it provided in User guide/forums but of no use. Please help/advise.

Regards,
Rahul

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Have you asked your host for the database connection details? They may have a different hostname for the MySQL server for example.

Also, have you created the database and assigned a user for it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

We advise you to contact your host providers in order to solve this issue fast and easy.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

GoMageTeam - 10 September 2013 11:04 PM

Hello,

We advise you to contact your host providers in order to solve this issue fast and easy.

Thank you for repeating my answer… smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community