Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Saved CC

erichill70

Total Posts:  1

Hi Guys,

I’m VERY new to Magento (as in 3am this morning).  I work with a group that does websites, and we are just delving into the world of ecommerce.  We have set up several sites using Zen Cart and OS Commerce, but I recently stumbled onto something much better!! (Magento).

Anyways, this client’s situation is a bit different.  They have a physical store and sell most of their inventory via it.  They have no idea how well the ecommerce will do for them, and between my company and their business plan, we have opted NOT to subscribe to a Payment Gateway, but rather collect the cards (securely of course) and they will run them through their physical terminal.

The option ‘Saved CC’ will work fine, but we do not want the card information stored permanently in the system.  Is there anyway to delete the card information after an employee runs the card?  I can just think 50 orders down if a disgruntled employee had fun with a database filled with 50 credit cards!  They need to be charged and deleted!

An alternative would be if there is a time setting, where the card information is purged after say 3 days or something.  That way no one would even have to remember it.

Thank you for your help, and Magento is incredible!!!  It’s Ecommerse on a level WAY above Zen Cart or OsCommerce, or even many commercial applications. 

Thanks,
Eric

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

maxhodges

Total Posts:  15

perhaps limit your employee access so that don’t have access to this information
magento has sophisticated roles and permissions settings.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community