Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I change the store name? 

Hami

Total Posts:  4

I may be asking an obvious question, but I can’t work out how to change the store name which is shown on the user side of the store.

I’ve changed the name in the admin section to ‘My Store Name’ for example, but when I visit the site the title of the page is still ‘Magento Commerce’ and the welcome message still says ‘Welcome to the Magento Demo Store!’. How do I change these to say ‘My Store’ and ‘Welcome to My Store!’?

I understand the logo in the top left hand corner is a graphic that can be changed, but after scouring the settings I just can’t find how to change the text that says the store name.

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance,

/ Hami

P.S. Amazing software, thanks so much for making this open source!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Solar Frenzy

Total Posts:  48
London

Header.php

magento > app > code > core > mage > page > block > html > header.php

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hami

Total Posts:  4

Great thanks, I altered the line to be this:

//$this->_welcome = __('Welcome to the Magento Demo Store!');
$this->_welcome $this->getDesignConfig('page/header/welcome');
It now uses the information from the config.xml in app > design > frontend > default > default > etc

/ Hami

Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

Total Posts:  427

My welcome section in header.php looks like this:

public function getWelcome()
{
if (empty($this->_data[’welcome’])) {
if (Mage::isInstalled() && Mage::getSingleton(’customer/session’)->isLoggedIn()) {
$this->_data[’welcome’] = $this->__(’Welcome, %s!’, $this->htmlEscape(Mage::getSingleton(’customer/session’)->getCustomer()->getName()));
} else {
$this->_data[’welcome’] = Mage::getStoreConfig(’design/header/welcome’);
}
}

Where can I change the store name now? Thanks!

Also, I have no app > design > frontend > default > default > etc folder

Magento Community
Magento Community

priyapriya

Total Posts:  16

Hi,
‘I am not able to change the store name, please guide.
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

If you’re trying to change the store name as it appears in the welcome text, just do it through the Admin Panel.  (ADMIN> System> Configuration).  Select “Design” from the list on the left.  Open the “Header” section of the page.  Change the logo alt text and welcome message there.

If you want to change the store name as it appears in the URL or in the transaction emails, that’s in ADMIN> System> Manage stores.

Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

Total Posts:  427

Does this change all the references? Because I read somewhere, that invoices or mails will still carry the “demo store” name?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

Sadly, no.  You still have to hunt down and eliminate all the hard-coded text references to “Magento Demo Store.” But where variables are used in the transactional emails (usually the form is something like {{var order.getStoreGroupName()}} ).  Then it’ll pull from the names you provide in the Manage Stores screens.  Unfortunately, I can’t remember right now whether it pulls the store name or the store view name.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tiagofm

Total Posts:  39

So simple, yet I took forever to figure it out.

to change the name of your store just go to System>Manage Stores and click on the store name and change it.

refresh cache and that should do it.

Image Attachments
clickhere.png

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community