Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgragde Magento 1.11 to 1.13

mpzadmin

Total Posts:  1

Hello
I have a Magento enterprise 1.11 with a few templates and extensions and it work good.
Now I want to upgrade to enterprise 1.13 version
my PHP version is 5.3.1

I do every steps base on following document
http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/ee11302-ce18-install-upgrade

after all, I do this
To complete the upgrade, go to your Magento base URL in a web browser. Server-side scripts run to update the database

but I get a exception error like this
what is the solution?

Zend_Db_Statement_Exception Object
(
[_previous:Zend_Exception:private] =>
[message:protected] => SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘catalog_product_entity_url_key’ already exists
[string:Exception:private] =>
[code:protected] => 42
[file:protected] => E:\Wamp\www\magento\lib\Zend\Db\Statement\Pdo.php
[line:protected] => 234
[trace:Exception:private] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[file] => E:\Wamp\www\magento\lib\Varien\Db\Statement\Pdo\Mysql.php
[line] => 110
[function] => _execute
[class] => Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo
[type] => ->
[args] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
)

)

)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

judywayne

Total Posts:  28

Hi there!

I would suggest you to check this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/31004/
It seems there is a solution for an issue like yours.
If it doesn’t help I would suggest to check Cart2Cart to find out if they already support 1.13 version and perform migration from your current EE version to 1.13. It is a lot easier you just port database and avoid any tech problems.

Good luck with your upgrade smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

cclohman

Total Posts:  82
Los Angeles

I know exactly what your problem is because I dealt with the same thing last night.  The solution is pretty straight-forward, but you have to do a little digging first.  The cause of the problem is due to Magento moving some of the upgrade scripts from Mage_Catalog to Enterprise_Catalog.  In advance of the steps below, it’s helpful to download a clean copy of 1.13.0.1 and 1.13.0.2 to compare them side by side to see the difference. 

So, if you did what I did, then you took your 1.11 EE base code and copied the latest 1.13.0.0 code on top of it and upgraded.  Then you went into a holding pattern like a lot of us did when Magento advised against deploying sites on 1.13.0.0 and 1.13.0.1 because of url rewrite issues and db locking, and you waited for the release of 1.13.0.2.  Then you copied the 1.13.0.2 release on top of the 1.13.0.0/.1 code.  That results in a few errant files that need to be cleaned up.

The following files need to be removed in app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup:

upgrade-1.6.0.0.15-1.6.0.0.16.php
upgrade-1.6.0.0.16-1.6.0.0.17.php
upgrade-1.6.0.0.17-1.6.0.0.18.php

And in app/codeMage/Catalog/data:

data-upgrade-1.6.0.0.15-1.6.0.0.16.php

The logic contained in those 4 scripts has moved to app/code/core/Enterprise/Catalog/enterprise_catalog_setup/install-1.13.0.0.php

If you try to run the upgrade in this configuration, the Mage Catalog sql scripts run first and then the Enterprise sql scripts run second and error out because they are creating items that already exist.

So take a close look at the above make sure your installation setup scripts match a clean copy of 1.13.0.2 for the 2 modules listed above.  Once you do that, re-run your upgrade and it will work. 

Best of luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

robertexpe

Total Posts:  1

cclohman - 17 September 2013 09:04 AM

I know exactly what your problem is because I dealt with the same thing last night.  The solution is pretty straight-forward, but you have to do a little digging first.  The cause of the problem is due to Magento moving some of the upgrade scripts from Mage_Catalog to Enterprise_Catalog.  In advance of the steps below, it’s helpful to download a clean copy of 1.13.0.1 and 1.13.0.2 to compare them side by side to see the difference. 

So, if you did what I did, then you took your 1.11 EE base code and copied the latest 1.13.0.0 code on top of it and upgraded.  Then you went into a holding pattern like a lot of us did when Magento advised against deploying sites on 1.13.0.0 and 1.13.0.1 because of url rewrite issues and db locking, and you waited for the release of 1.13.0.2.  Then you copied the 1.13.0.2 release on top of the 1.13.0.0/.1 code.  That results in a few errant files that need to be cleaned up.

The following files need to be removed in app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup:

upgrade-1.6.0.0.15-1.6.0.0.16.php
upgrade-1.6.0.0.16-1.6.0.0.17.php
upgrade-1.6.0.0.17-1.6.0.0.18.php

And in app/codeMage/Catalog/data:

data-upgrade-1.6.0.0.15-1.6.0.0.16.php

The logic contained in those 4 scripts has moved to app/code/core/Enterprise/Catalog/enterprise_catalog_setup/install-1.13.0.0.php

If you try to run the upgrade in this configuration, the Mage Catalog sql scripts run first and then the Enterprise sql scripts run second and error out because they are creating items that already exist.

So take a close look at the above make sure your installation setup scripts match a clean copy of 1.13.0.2 for the 2 modules listed above.  Once you do that, re-run your upgrade and it will work. 

Best of luck.

Lifesaver, thanks smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community