Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Displaying different buttons pictures according to language/store view - how to? 

nabuhonodozor

Total Posts:  51

Hi,
I am trying to find a simple way to change button pictures according to language/ store view. Now ie: I have “search” or “ proceed to checkout” in both language versions which might confuse customers. Is there a simple way to point magento to get pictures from directories according to language/ store view? I found an option which looks like this one but how to use it? I mean Theres an option under system/configuration/design.
Under “themes” theres “Skin (Images / CSS)” Should I put there dir pointing to language version of pics?
I would like to find easy solution but if this dont work I am preparing to create another skin which I really dont want to wink

Best regards,
Piotr

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tiagofm

Total Posts:  39

I found this post!  http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how-to/creating-css-buttons-vs-image-buttons

After I changed to CSS the tranlation package did the rest.

Much easier.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rainbow Forest

Total Posts:  23
Belgrade, Serbia

Yup, just create CSS link instead of image and the translation should show. I think you might need to do this again for “Place Order” button since it’s also an image button.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community