Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how payment works in magento? with payment modules, redirecting to 3rd party page and general process trouble

spirytus

Total Posts:  1

hi everyone, got a question and I hope this is right forum to ask smile.. don’t quite understand how payment works in magento. client goes to checkout and lets say wants to pay as a guest so provides address etc. and gets to payment methods. Then I want clients to pay thru credit card and already have module installed for gateway (bank?) of my choice. At that point I would expect users to be redirected to 3rd party page (bank hosted) where they giving all the details, only after being returned to magento site with appropriate message.
In magento however it seems like they need to provide cc numbers and details on magento checkout page. I don’t understand if I (or the payment module I installed) need to transfer then all the credit card details to bank? I would have to have checkout page on ssl connection and static ip right?
The thing is I want to avoid touching CC numbers at any point and would love to have it done by a bank page. I like the idea of magento interface all the way without redirecting to another page though, the only problem is not sure if would be able to set it all up properly.
If anyone could explain to me possible options and how the whole process works that would be very much appreciated. I did my research and looked all over google and various forums still need someones help though.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Hanspanyo

Total Posts:  2

Hey, did you ever get any further with this? I would also like to know how to achieve this. Many thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

CRE Secure

Total Posts:  1

You might be interested in a redirect payment module for Magento that allows you to keep your current gateway account, accept credit cards on your site but never touch them making you immediately PCI compliant.  This was just released today.  http://bit.ly/6Keo0X

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community