Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

forum here == desaster

diri

Total Posts:  48

Magento can not be installed when PHP 5.2.5 has 64MB and a timeout of 900 seconds (Apache as well).

This forum forces me to log in each time before I want to save a posting as well as before I want to write it.

fix it, please. It’s no recommendation.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Airforce111

Total Posts:  100

You probably got your browser setup to reject session/cookies from magentocommerce.com, hence you can’t get a stateful presence on the forums. can’t really help ya with your install issue with only the above specified info.

Magento Community
Magento Community

golles

Total Posts:  257

diri - 02 April 2008 08:09 AM

This forum forces me to log in each time before I want to save a posting as well as before I want to write it.

this was a true statement yesterday - you had to tick remeber password in the login box to get round it - but it appears to be fixed today - it probably had something to do with the upgrade of the site.

Magento can not be installed when PHP 5.2.5 has 64MB and a timeout of 900 seconds (Apache as well).

I am not suprised by this but have not proved it one way or another myself - the 64mb bit - though it certainly can be installed on 5.2.5 with a timeout of 900 seconds.

Magento Community
Magento Community

diri

golles - 02 April 2008 10:20 PM

this was a true statement yesterday - you had to tick remeber password in the login box to get round it - but it appears to be fixed today - it probably had something to do with the upgrade of the site.

Hmpf. I fear it’s related to forum software. I know such behaviour from phpBB even in it’s most recent incarnation.

golles - 02 April 2008 10:20 PM

I am not suprised by this but have not proved it one way or another myself - the 64mb bit - though it certainly can be installed on 5.2.5 with a timeout of 900 seconds.

I will have a look at it when time permits. Maybe I must lower security settings (register_globals, fopen_url). If those settings must be set to on there is a real problem and we can wait to see hacked systems.

Magento Community
Magento Community

diri

I give up, it’s not installable. I’m not willing to open more doors for a shop system - there are too many doors open now. Security has very high priority when it comes to money.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community