Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Comment products

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

It would be nice if there was a way for customers to leave comments while ordering a product, that would (at least temporarily) solve part of the configurable product problem by letting them specify size, color, specs by typing it in (instead of the magento running shop owner having to do hundreds of variations of 1 product)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jwebber

Total Posts:  67
Elkhart, Indiana

I second this.

I have been thinking quite a bit for a solution on this. One idea I had was to have a text box that the customer could fill with whatever they want. Then have a link that shows all available options in a hidden layer or something, clicking on one of the options (specifically for colors) would autofill the textbox with that colors name and SKU or whatever.

I definitely think we need something like this. Anytime you have more than one option for a configurable product the simple products start getting out of hand.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community