Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how to set total amount and total quantity of the cart in spacific area of the header? urgent

Qazi

Total Posts:  45

hello experts!
i want to set total amount of the cart and total quantity that client will select from the shop, display in the spacific area in the header. that client get inform that how many things he bought and wahat that total ...
so plzzzz help me for this ... how i do this .

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Qazi

Total Posts:  45

dear gg_gi thanks for the reply me .. dear i tell u one way .. you can check it and tell me if it is possibal ... i am new in magento and also in php field.. thas why i not try my self ..

the way is :
i had check files of magento i found some file and code e-g
if u open a file
frontend/default/[template]/layout/checkout.xml
here u can see a block “RIGHT “ cart_sidebar

frontend/default/[template]/template/checkout/cart/sidebar.phtml
if you open this file here u can see two things
one is total items and second is total price .

i had try to copy and paste this code from this file to my header and this will return me 0.00, means cart total is zero other then cart total is 60 or whatever but return me zero.
i could not understand this why this happend. plzzzzz plzzzz help me for this .. how i do this ..
if you mange this for me i will be thankfull to you .......

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community