Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Wrong Attribute Group ID [solution inside]

Velite

Total Posts:  86

Okay Guys,

a final word to the “Wrong Attribute Group ID"-installation and cachecontroll problem constructaid and wsj3 had
(look at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/51897/).
Yesterday I had deeper look at this on constructaids shop installation.

The Problem:
While installing Teaserbox a error gets displayed with the message Wrong Attribute Group ID. Afterwards
refreshing the cache redirects to an error page.

Why does this error happen?
Magento requires you to have an AttributeGroup “General” in every AttributeSet.
Normally this AttributeGroup gets generated automaticly when you create a new AttributeSet
and by default shouldnt be deleteable (if you dont move all SystemAttributes into another group).
However, there seem to be extensions out there that let you delete the “General” Group.
So what happens if you delete “General”?
I guess everything works fine until the point an upgrade or an extension (like Teaserbox) trys to
add or modify a System-Attribute. While creating a new SystemAttribute Magento loops through all
AttributeSets and adds the new Attribute to them. While looping through the AttributeSets Magento
also looks if there is a “General"-AttributeGroup (even if the new SystemAttribute is not attached
to the General section). And guess what happens if there is an AttributeSet without General group?
Your right… an exception with the message “Wrong Attribute Group ID” is thrown and the procedure of
creating new SystemAttributes gets canceld at that point… this also leads to the cache controll problem
because Magento trys to install the extension on every request you make from that point on and always
get’s canceld before the extension even gets written into the core_resources table.

The solution?
Don’t remove the “General” AttributeGroup.. and if you did, then create it again.
Otherwise you will run into problems when new SystemAttributes are added though an upgrade
or an extension.

- Simon

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

thepinkone.fr

Total Posts:  2

Hi simon,

I’m working on a new website (http://www.librairie-epona.fr/boutique).
I installed TeaserBox today and encoutered the same problem you discussed about in several topics.
I followed the solution you suggested but it did not work.

I explain.

First I edited all my attribute-set and add a General attribut-group.
It did not change anything : no TeaserBox tab in the configuration part, problem with the cache management…

Then I tried to reinstall TeaserBox in the admin but I still had the “Wrong Attribute Group ID” message.

Then I uninstalled TeaserBox in the admin.
No problem of cache management anylonger but a new problem : I could not edit my product.
I guess it was because I did not have cleaned my database....
So I connected to PHP MyAdmin to execute the request you explain with no success. The request did not work.

DELETE FROM `mageav_attribute` where attribute_code like ‘teaserbox%’;
DELETE FROM `magcore_resource` where code = ‘teaserbox_setup’;
DELETE FROM `mageav_attribute_group` where attribute_group_name = ‘Teaserbox’;
(mag in a prefix in my database)

This code is it ok ?
I must confess I am not good at modifying SQL code and maybe that’s the problem… I have never done this before.

So it’s 2:34AM now and I am going to bed hoping I’ll soon get an answer… I would be so gratefull for it.

Bonne nuit,

Anne

Magento Community
Magento Community

thepinkone.fr

Total Posts:  2

Solved !

Even if this request seems to work for everybody, in my case I had to replace the ‘ by “.

This request worked and no more problem :
DELETE FROM `eav_attribute` where attribute_code like “teaserbox%”;
DELETE FROM `core_resource` where code = “teaserbox_setup”;
DELETE FROM `eav_attribute_group` where attribute_group_name = “Teaserbox”;

Now I am going to try to reinstall Teaserbox from the very begining…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community