Magento Forum

filter and compare configuration problems…

Paradise

Total Posts:  33
Darmstadt

Hi everybody,

i need some help with my big filter and compare plans.

First problem I have is that I want a category “manufactures” where all manufactures are listed and under the manufacture his products. One reason is that I want a description for every manufacture.
The thing is that I also need the “manufacture attribute” because I want the option to filter by manufactures in the other categories.
Also I want the option to filter by price in the “manufacture categories”. So I have to turn on “Is Anchor” in the categories, but then the “filter manufacture” also shows up in the “manufacture categories”. But it makes no sense that maybe Nike shows up in the layered navigation when you are in the category Nike.
Is there a solution? Because I will have that problem with other things too.

The other thing is that I want to be able to compare products lets say by “protein”, “fat” and “calories”. That means I have to turn on comparable in the attribute “protein” and so on. But then lets say I have also shorts and shoes in my shop. Then “protein” also shows up on the “compare products list” what is a bit stupid.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

burt

Total Posts:  31

The manufactures-list still seems to be a huge problem – haven’t seen any solution yet.
Stil interested …
Burt

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community