Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Duplicate url entries

acidpower

Total Posts:  2

Hello,
In my catalog I have some products with same names. I suppose the url generator will add -0001 to the end of the url, but he adds -1. So how can I edit the url generator to put -0001 or something different from -1, -2.

Thnaks in advance.
Dimitar

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

acidpower

Total Posts:  2

Please someone

Magento Community
Magento Community

gvassilev

Total Posts:  10

I have the same problem.

The url generator adds suffix -1 for the simple products in the configurable product, but when examining my sitemap.xml, there are sample products with suffix -1.html, -2.html, etc… It’s a duplicated content issue with google. For now I’m restricting this child urls in robots.txt, but it’s a dummy solution:

Disallow: /*-1.html$
Disallow: /*-2.html$
Disallow: /*-3.html$
Disallow: /*-4.html$
Disallow: /*-5.html$

For the simple products duplicated urls, the generator adds suffix 0001.html, but I’m not sure if it’s generally true.

Hope will find a better solution

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community