Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SQL issue - can anyone help…? 

maxl23

Total Posts:  19

Hi

I have just installed version 1.0 to a oneandone hosting package, everything seemed to work fine but when I try to edit anypage through CMS I get the following error message:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘2-1’ for key 1

I had a previous beta version installed in the same root which worked fine but I have now deleted both it and its respective mysql database as I thought that having two shops in the same root might be the problem - but to no avail

anybody got any ideas??

thanks Maxl23

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

Total Posts:  202

I’m having the exact same problem on a brand-new installation. Did you solve yours?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

do you have a new database or are you trying to re-use one?

Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

It’s a new database. I just signed up with Nexcess and they installed Magento for me under my new hosting account.

Magento Community
Magento Community

schmelzgeist

Total Posts:  92
Marzipane World Capital (Lübeck, Germany)

what does the dump of the respective table looks like?

Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

I’m not sure which table the problem resides in, or how to dump just one. I’m new to phpmyadmin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

The Sunday Paper - 11 August 2008 06:42 AM

I’m not sure which table the problem resides in, or how to dump just one. I’m new to phpmyadmin.

...But perhaps more importantly, it appears as if Magento is attempting to insert a new record with an identical page_id value, rather than updating the rows that have already been created when I update a content page. It seems to be something to do with the way Magento is saving changes, rather than something wrong with the table itself, although I may of course be mistaken.

Although I get the same failure when I attempt to create a new CMS page, so that thing I just said about updating incorrectly is probably quite wrong…

Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

It appears to be browser-related. While several Magento features freeze in Firefox 3, CMS pages are editable in Firefox 3 and the SQL error comes up only in Safari. So the issue is apparently some kind of browser conflict...? Clearing out cache and history and restarting everything did not help Safari.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community