Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Toplinks and TopNav

rajbrades

Total Posts:  53

I upgrade to 1.0 but am having a couple of glitches

1. My toplinks section (My Cart, Wish list, etc.) has disappeared and the default welcome message has some strange placement going on
2. “Category Navigation” appears and shifts down the actual categories in the topnav.

Anyone else having this problem?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ashanholt

Total Posts:  33

Yeah, I am having the first problem listed above. I think the format of the top links has changed, because the old code I had isn’t working, and all my attempts to match the existing code and upgrade mine to fit in break the site completely. Still looking for answers....

Magento Community
Magento Community

abi

Total Posts:  9

I have a problem too with the toplinks wich was not working anymore.

I have searched and noticed that the content of the $_toplink array used in the app\design\frontend\default\default\template\page\html\top.links.phtml have changed with the new version. But the top.links.phtml has not changed. To fix this problem you have to modify the line 25 :

<li<?php if($_toplink['first']||$_toplink['last']): ?> class="<?php if($_toplink['first']): ?>first <?php endif; ?><?php if($_toplink['last']): ?>last <?php endif; ?>"<?php endif; ?> <?php echo $_toplink['liParams'] ?>> <?php echo $_toplink['beforeText'] ?><a <?php echo $_toplink['aParams'] ?>><?php echo $_toplink['innerText'] ?></a><?php echo $_toplink['afterText'] ?></li>

to

<li<?php if($_toplink['first']||$_toplink['last']): ?>class="<?php if($_toplink['first']): ?>first <?php endif; ?><?php if($_toplink['last']): ?>last <?php endif; ?>"<?php endif; ?> > <a href="<?php echo $_toplink['aParams'] ?>"> <?php echo $_toplink['innerText'] ?></a></li>

It’s better to make this modification by creating a new phtml file in a new theme directory.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rajbrades

Thanks, I’ll have to try this out within the next couple of days and let you know the results.

Ryan

Magento Community
Magento Community

rajbrades

Still having problems with this..no toplinks. Any answers? The site is pretty much useless without these

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community