Magento Forum

Different tax rates per store

chadsmith76

Total Posts:  9

I don’t see any (simple) option to define a different tax rate based on which store is selected. 

For example I need to have one store charge 4.1% and another charge 2.9% ... strange i know. The only way i can see to do it is through tax classes but this would require me to go into each product and switch the store and then apply the new tax class for that product. This ends up being a very long process if there are many products.

Does anyone have a better way or maybe I am missing something??

Thanks,

chad

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chadsmith76

To clarify a bit: Customer groups wouldn’t work i think as the same customer could purchase in both stores and would still need the correct tax per store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Saggy

Total Posts:  131

Hi Chad,

There is no way you can do this. Unless you go the same route which you mentioned above.

Even if you have two websites (US and UK) then also it is pain. As I had the similiar issue and I had to remove UK as country from US website and US from UK website to make this working.

Varien hasn’t thought about these problems or may be it is in there long to do list. Don’t know!!!!

If you find any elegant solution on this topic then please share.

Cheers
S

Magento Community
Magento Community

filpt

Total Posts:  13

Did you find an easy way to do this?
I’m having the same problem while setting up an online store that have a website for the USA and another one for Europe. The origin country of the merchandise depends on the store, so different tax rules are needed for each one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chadsmith76

No, i did not find an easier way. i am still using the above solution… it does work 100% it is just a bit more difficult to manage as it is on a product basis rather than a store basis.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community