Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Two Questions

bobbrodie

Total Posts:  132
Philadelphia, PA

Is there any way to:

1) Limit a product so it only appears for a certain group

2) Add a sku to an attribute (Small Blue Shirt with abase SKU of TS100 may be TS100SMBL)

Thanks in advance,
Bob

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

You cannot limit products to be visible only for a specific customer group.

Configurable product is created from simple products, and each simple product has a SKU

Magento Community
Magento Community

bobbrodie

Philadelphia, PA

Thank you. I have another question on configurable products I cannot find an answer to. We are running herbal supplement sites, and I’d like to switch our static stores to Magento. I could either have separate pages for each product or use configurable products. Here’s the issue I run in to.

I need to have the main page without a price and sku. It isn’t really a base product with variations, but rather just a group of sizes that refer to different products.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Bob

Magento Community
Magento Community

bobbrodie

Philadelphia, PA

Grouped Product! Sorry about that.

Magento Community