Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add Short Description to Checkout Review Page

xsyntax

Total Posts:  2

Hello Community Members!

I tried to add Short Descriptions to the Onepage Checkout - Review Page but it don\\\’t displays the Short Description.
It only displays \\\"Quick Overview\\\” and then shows an \\\"1\\\".

Following changes I made in the file:

/app/design/frontend/default/theme/template/checkout/onepage/review/item.phtml

First I added:

<?php $custom Mage::getModel('catalog/product')->load($_item->getProductId()); echo $custom->getShortDescription(); ?>

Didn’t work.

Second I tried:

<?php echo Mage::getModel('catalog/product')->load($_item->getProductId())->getShortDescription(); ?>

Didn’t worked too.

Third and last:

<div class="std"><?php echo $_helper->productAttribute($_productnl2br($_product->getShortDescription()), 'short_description'?></div>

didn’t worked too.

What causes this problem ?
Can someone help me ?

Using Magento 1.7.0.2

sincerely
syntax

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Charles_MS

Total Posts:  87

Hi friends,

You can get free and professional support for Magento One Page Checkout by going to this website: http://magentoonepagecheckout.org/. On the homepage, click on the banner. The Live Chat will appear in the right corner.
Hope that it’s useful for you!

Best

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jase007
Guru

Total Posts:  388

Hi,

Check this thread may help you http://magentoabid.blogspot.in/2012/08/magento-adding-short-description-to.html

Hope this will help you!!

Thanks

iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community