Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

is magento suitable for selling just 10 products? 

scotjam

Total Posts:  2
London

I’ve not been active in the community to date, but I’ve been keeping track of what’s going on here and it looks exciting.

I’ve got to setup an online shop with about 10 products. I basically need something that’s so simple with as little clicks as possible to make an order. Does anyone think that Magento would be too big or unsuitable for something as simple as this?

I have a second question too, longer term I would like to offer my customers their own personalised store to shop from. The personalised store will have all their regularly purchased products and then it will be even simpler to reorder stock that they are running out off. I want to avoid the customer from having to find products, by having all their reorder stock products there for the picking.

Any advice would be really appreciated.
many thanks
scotjam

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

percusionista

Total Posts:  9
Granada, Spain

Why not ?

only 10 products or 1000 products. it doesn´t matter.

If you really want make a simple way to your customer, untill now I did´t see as more easy as Magento.

Remember, such a powerfull tools like, layered menu, comparision products, whislist, and so on.

But I’m wandering if it is really needed for only 10 products.

Do you expect increase the number of products,? are they configurable or not.?

just have a look into frontend and naviagate like acostumer, and you will see.

good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

its entirely possible to use magento for a small store, the question is do you want / need to? if you want a fully featured store with things like email newsletters, item reviews, invoicing, paypal payment, then it might be worth your while. it does take a long time to setup and customize though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

One of my Magento stores has only 4 products - granted it shares an admin with 4-5 of my other stores one of which is significant in size (somewhere in the hundreds of products) - the others have about 10-15 products in them.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community