Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Mail? What am I not doing? 

Nuwanda

Total Posts:  11

I’m on a LAMP setup at Dreamhost. But my emails are not getting sent from Magento.

I’m obviously missing a config option for connecting Magento to my email server.

I’ve changed email addresses in various options, and I’ve tested the email address outside of Magento and it’s working fine.

What might I be doing wrong here?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

witt

Total Posts:  3

Hi Nuwanda

I dont know whether the problem is your email setting or not but if your default language is not english than the mails are not being sent. If so copy the app/locale/en_US/template/email as app/locale/your_locale/template/email in my case /app/locale/tr_TR/template/email. You can also translate them if you want.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nuwanda

Thanks, Witt. My language is set to English-Australian.

Are you saying that on non-English-US configs that email will NOT be sent?

Magento Community
Magento Community

appity

Wow yes that was the problem. When I changed Locale from English (Australian) back to the English(United States) default my emails started coming through again. Will add it to the bug report.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community