Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Admin Section slow for anyone? 

the311guy

Total Posts:  120

When I goto Catalog > Manage Products, it takes around 5 seconds to load.  Sounds like a short time, but with an ajax internet and many things to do, it feels like im waiting for ages.  Happens with some other pages in the backend too.  Anyone else notice this? 

I’ve installed it using the 1 click install with MediaTemple

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sigel

Total Posts:  19
Denver

whole backend is slow for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mycommerce

Total Posts:  11
London, now Los Angeles

I agree with this. I am running the a fresh install of Magento locally on Apache 2.0.59 wth MySQL 5 and PHP 5.2 and the admin tool is annoyingly slow. I usually run osCommerce locally for all my e-commerce development and the admin tool for that is way faster than the current levels I am experiencing on Magento. I haven’t uploaded Magento to my webserver yet so have yet to experience speeds over http://

Magento Community
Magento Community

archer

Total Posts:  12

Yes.. its slow… i just installed a fresh copy of magento1.0 in my server..  im quite worried if there are already lots of products to load in the admin.. i wonder how much time will it take for the loading. :( little bit worried about it..

I hope anyone could have a solution for this one. Im excited to use magento in my client’s store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tiff

Total Posts:  107
Upstate NY

Mine is super slow AND I get “unresposive script\” messages every time I click “save” or “Save and continue” when editing.  I have to hit “continue” on the script error 3x before it’ll actually save my changes.  Taking FOREVER to get anything done.

I have 300+ products in my products area so I expect that to go slow… but going into an individual product takes forever too. (not due to script errors.)

-Tiff

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tiff

Total Posts:  107
Upstate NY

Why mine was going so slow:

I use Firefox browser on a Mac and had some “add-ons” that were conflicting. 

I disabled all of my add-ons and now it’s lightning-fast AND all errors have ceased.

Hope this helps the rest of you too.

-Tiff

Magento Community
Magento Community

TechBundle

Total Posts:  51

the311guy - 01 April 2008 04:08 PM

When I goto Catalog > Manage Products, it takes around 5 seconds to load.  Sounds like a short time, but with an ajax internet and many things to do, it feels like im waiting for ages.  Happens with some other pages in the backend too.  Anyone else notice this? 

I’ve installed it using the 1 click install with MediaTemple

We had the same problem with MediaTemple (gs) and with Mosso’s similar cloud hosting environment. The front end was even slower than the backend, but the slow backend made it tedious to add products.

Moving to a faster hosting plan (MediaTemple (dv) for us, insert your preferred host here) solved the problem for us.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

slower than the frontend, which definitely makes it slow. i use firefox2, but have since tried it in safari 3, where it was lightning fast after caching the first time.

i’m still going to use firefox though, its not slow enough to stop me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sam Figueroa

Total Posts:  21

I’m having a periodic issue with the back-end. It runs fine and at acceptable speed. But every ca. 60 it takes forever (exaggeration of about 4 min) to do something before it continues. I’m guessing it’s refreshing some cache or doing maintenance tasks. I don’t get what’s happening here. I first thought it was trying to access some kind of web-service and is waiting for a timeout.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sam Figueroa

Seems it was missing it’s cronjob. Since I’ve added it to crontab I haven’t been having these issues lately.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Frederik Bové

Total Posts:  58

what do you mean with missing it’s cronjob?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sam Figueroa

I added the cron.php file in the root directory.  Although in hindsight I’m not sure that was what gave it a boost. I’ve installed Magento on another host and the back end runs fine without it. What definitely gave me a boost was using APC (caching).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Frederik Bové

Total Posts:  58

to witch crontab do you add what? wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

alduro

Total Posts:  24
Capital Federal

It took up to 5 minutes to create a New Store .... wow.... so slowwwww.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Incognito
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Michigan

Are you using catalog price rules?  I had an issue when i would save a product it would update the price rules for thousands of products.
I submitted a bug report a long time ago.  I am not sure if it is fixed in the newest release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

shanis42

Total Posts:  3

I have found that applying the 1.4.1.1 PEAR patch has sped it up considerably.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2