Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento DB Structure

Airforce111

Total Posts:  100

Just a quick question/note for varien or anybody else for that matter… I was looking through the Magento DB of a fresh install and noticed a lot of redundant indexes. Is this intended? smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

quark

Total Posts:  60
Romania

I am interested in DB structure in order to to import products directly, via SQL.
I have more than 10.000 products and I have an Excel file with all article details like: art. no., article name, article description, article category, article price etc.
Where I can find the structure?

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

@Airforce111 Can you list a few indices that are so?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Airforce111

Total Posts:  100

@srinigenie I would if I haven’t already resolved them smile If you go through your DB and do a tables check on each table, it’ll list them if you’re interested. I think there was only like 10 tables or so with redundancies.

I might as well add there isn’t anything wrong with it, but just curious. smile There are also a couple columns with both UNIQUE and INDEX applied ^^;

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community