Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is it possible to display two seperate products on a single product page

spadez8

Total Posts:  42

Hi,

Im trying to have a system where a user can visit a page, and then select which “version” of the product they would like, perferbly which two “buy now” boxes. An example of this is shown in the attached screen shot.

Thanks for any help.

James

Image Attachments
help3.bmp

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

spadez8

How it might work is to use a a grouped product (child product), but if thats the case I would need to make a wider image. How can I make my image larger only on that procut page, is it somethingto do with custom design?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nathus

Total Posts:  93
Twin Cities, MN

You would use the Custom Layout Update to override the template(s) used for the page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

spadez8

Thank you for the reply. How could I use that to increase the width of the image of the product ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nathus

Total Posts:  93
Twin Cities, MN

<reference name="product.info.media">
    <
action method="setTemplate"><template>catalog/product/view/yourmedia.phtml</template></action>
</
reference>

Make the template catalog/product/view/yourmedia.phtml and put your code in there.

You will probably need to override the view.phtml template as well, as most templates have the div that goes around the media block in that template, and you would need to have a different css class on that to have a different size.

<reference name="product.info">
    <
action method="setTemplate"><template>catalog/product/yourview.phtml</template></action>
</
reference>

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community