Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Graphic Designer? 

tjmorgan

Total Posts:  4

Over the past week or so, I’ve become quite familiar with the Magento template structure. This is only partly useful, because I’m not too good at graphic design at all. I know there’s got to be some graphic designers out there who’d love to work on templates, but don’t have the coding skills. Essentially, I’m looking for someone to work with in creating a template or two (to be released to the community) for Magento. Send a PM my way if you’re interested.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Wardy

Total Posts:  2

Hi, I would love to help I am a graphic designer and have been skinning cubecart for 2 years, just found Magento and it looks awesome (well done to those who created it) I would like to learn more about the templating system and design some free themes for the Magento community. Please Advise.
Many Thanks Dave

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Welcome to the community Dave! You can start by reviewing the wiki post, “Designing for Magento” - http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/Designing-for-Magento/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wardy

Total Posts:  2

Thanks Roy,

Magento looks like an awesome piece of kit and a nice skin design to start with I am no stranger to designing tableless xhtml /css templates for other apps, hope its not too long before I can grasp the Magento system.

Still not managed to install it though, but have a free demo running care of Simplehelix.com (btw thanks to Simplehelix).
Dave

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

Dave, you can also try my theme (links in the signature). My first experience theming M was quite involved. Sometimes you’d move something and it’d disappear, sometimes it would appear funky because of some undesired css still applied. It’s was quite a swim to go through all the css and templates, and it’s still far from complete, but it was certainly a learning experience.

Tyler, if you are still interested in a designer, feel free to PM me and we can discuss things further. cool smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community