Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how do i move site from one webserver to another? 

vikshu

Total Posts:  69
Noida

I have magento installed by crutial webhosting. Now i have purchased another webspace from them and am trying to make a replica of the website i have already made. The crutial webhost have helped me move the data base to the new space but they say can’t help on this one.
I have manually compressed following folders “Skin, Media, App, js” from the first host and uploaded and replaced it on second host. But now am having following problem. Please see this code below and what am i doing wrong. Also suggest is it the right way to do this. I want to create exact test site of my site, thing i should have done earlier but now am creating it. Please someone help me out to this crap....
followed the tutorial given on http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/moving_magento_to_another_server

Warningsimplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]Entityline 285parser error error parsing attribute name  in /home/potitcom/public_html/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php on line 500
Trace
:
#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'simplexml_load_...', '/home/potitcom/...', 500, Array)
#1 /home/potitcom/public_html/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php(500): simplexml_load_string('

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community