Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
Welcome Australians

Joshua Barrie

Total Posts:  52

G’day

Also in Brisbane, my names Josh, and I run a website design and hosting business. Loving magento sense it came out.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cab

Total Posts:  15
Adelaide, Australia

Hi All.

Adelaide based developer here just starting a job using Magento; so far so good.

I used to custom build carts in ASP.Net but have been looking for a free PHP alternative that wasn’t osCommerce.
Magento is looking nice so far.

Thanks to Chris Norton for the aus extension work he has done; I look forward to taking a better look at it soon.

Cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

OzFitzy

Total Posts:  1
Daylesford - Vic

Hi All,

Great to see an Australian oriented corner (’cos we need the GST and Shipping modules) Very big thanks to Chris.
I haven’t gotten my hands on the fruits of his labours yet.

Only just installed Magento and the thing that grabbed my most is the ability to run more than one “store URL and appearance” from the same panel. Had paid someone about 12 months ago for two years hosting and an X-Cart setup which looked awful so I abandonded it. Have been sniffing around OsCommerce for a while and now Magento excites me no end.

My background is 16 years in IT (Systems Management) until some 9 years ago and now in retail (in Central Vic).
Want to set up two eStores (with some of the same products in each) and have both Aussie domains hosted on the same server (at Bluehost.com in USA). Have procrastinated too long.

Now to get my hands dirty.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mike_Dean

Total Posts:  13

Hi,

Mike here. (Central Coast, NSW)

Currently using ZenCart and have been for approx 3 years, and am seriosuly looking at setting up a new site with Magento, so keen to hear any pros and cons, especially from any Zencart converts.

Also keen to hear what I need to look out for when setting up up a site, especially regarding GST and shipping modules.

Thanks,
Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

JulianP

Total Posts:  6

Hi guys,

I’m investigating using Magento for an e-commerce project in New Zealand. Has anybody done any work on a payment module for the ANZ eGate payment gateway? I’ve seen Chris Norton mention the possibility, but nothing recently.

Cheers
Julian

Magento Community
Magento Community

Deviant

Total Posts:  10

Bumping.

Aussie here from Brizzie. Been member here for ages but just discovered this forum.

Run a online adult store / adult parties on weekends. Loving magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

Hi All,

yeah been running a magento store now for about 6 months.
I remotely manage the site now from the UK, but initially setup and developed in Aus
All in all pretty good so far considering how new magento is. Very happy with the way its going. Adding new things all the time to improve site.

brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

catebolt

Total Posts:  2

Aloha!

Cate from Queensland just popping in to say hello!

I’ve been running a couple of online shops in Australia for about 10 years using Oscommerce. I’ve just moved over to the dark side to try Magento on a rebuild on a new server. I’ve only just finished installing and exploring and came looking for the obligatory Aussie mods (do they come with a stubby holder?). wink

Cheers,
Cate

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

welcome cate,

hope you you find magento upto your expectations.
btw it can be a little overwhelming to start with but if you have any q’s just aks away

cheers
brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

catebolt

Total Posts:  2

Thanks Brendan,

V. impressed so far! Far too many features to be free LOL

It’s a bit scary moving away from what I’ve become so used to, it’s good to know there’s help out there when I get stuck (which I’m sure I will)

Cheers,
Cate

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mario81

Total Posts:  1

hey all,

just started looking into magento and it seems to kill any other oscommerce solution out there, played with oscommerce and zencart previously and they get messy… but this seems like a nice breathe of fresh air..

one thing though..

Has anyone actually got an Eway module working live with Magento 1.3 ?? I can’t seem to find anyone who has..

Or what payment gateways have people got working with 1.3?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3