Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
Welcome Australians

Aussie Shane

Total Posts:  8
Australia

Thanks Moshe. I have been away for a week so been unavailable to reply etc.

Have now checked Status before downloading any upgrades etc. This has to be the best thing since sliced bread

Cheers

Shane

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mffowler

Total Posts:  31

Just another Melbourne Magento newbie chiming in. Started using Magento… well, yesterday actually. It has quite a bit of potential from the couple installs that I have made since then. Having come over from the X-Cart community, I can say that the one thing X-Cart has had that has helped their application has been the community. This community is too new to account for much as yet, but that just takes time.

Saying that, I was always a bit annoyed at the use of php and e-commerce as it’s such a spaghetti code for anyone doing serious online work. We’ve had stores with over 200,000 skus and most php and mysql combos don’t cut it. Applications like “Elastic Path” are much more robust, but require a 30k license and average 100k for development. I trust that at least Magento can give us an Elastic Path look and feel without the high price and overhead. But, being still php and mysql based… it does leave something desired for the future and for larger applications.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lovenz

Total Posts:  13
Whitianga, New Zealand

Are Kiwi’s allowed in here?
Strange, thought we’d have had our own area and all… can’t be hard if you guy’s got one.

Just kuddung.

OK, the big question… can anyone provide a URL of a full live production site, utilsing Magento?

Remember Live…

Just having a look around.

Cheers

Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

Natalie

Total Posts:  4

Hi All

I was wondering if there is AustraliaPost module, and BPay?

Not sure where to look - Migrating over from OSCommerce and ZenCart and finding the learning curve a little steep.

Thanks heaps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rezolution

Total Posts:  1

HI all

Paul from Rezolution Design [Melbourne] here.
At last, an ecommerce solution that isnt fugly and doesn’t cost a fortune.

Looking forward to developing new themes - I may call on some of you for tech advice too

Magento Community
Magento Community

David Toshack

Total Posts:  3

Natalie - 01 July 2008 11:56 PM

Hi All

I was wondering if there is AustraliaPost module, and BPay?

Not sure where to look - Migrating over from OSCommerce and ZenCart and finding the learning curve a little steep.

Thanks heaps.

Chris Norton has built a little gem of an extension for us Aussies.

Overview: Broad extension that provides essential functionality for Australian stores, including Australia Post shipping, direct deposit and BPAY payment methods and adds Australian regions and postcodes.

Link: http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/141/magento-australia-extension/

Cheers: David

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vee_

Total Posts:  46
Western Australia

Hi,

My names Brenden, I’m from Western Australia and I’m looking to replace a client’s aging Zen-Cart with Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alexNoosa

Total Posts:  10
Noosa, Australia

Hi, developer from the Sunshine Coast.

Had a few problems thus far with Magento but have been able to figure them all out..

Magento Community
Magento Community

ozstar

Total Posts:  32
Sydney Oz

HI,

Well I’m in Sydney!!

I have been messing with magento since it was first born but just haven’t had the time nor expertise to get right into it.

I have also been with oscommerce for many years since it’s start but am attracted to the positive things that magento has to offer.

I thought however that there would be more help from the forums and that others who can write some modules like they do for osc, but so far this has not happened.

I now have the latest 1.1.6 version which I am fooling around with in what time I have, and so far it is okay.  Imported all data from osc went well but couldn’t see the images so have to do them all one by one manually.

The post and delivery is a major concern as our options at this time are very limited so I hope that is fixed soon.  I will have a look at what Chris has gracioulsy done and see if that is what I need.

Anyway, we’re on the train and let’s see where it takes us.

Good luck to all..

oz

Magento Community
Magento Community

mffowler

Total Posts:  31

Anyone interested in an ANZ egate module? I would be in to support the development.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RodB

Total Posts:  10
Ettalong Beach, NSW

www.ozscopes.com.au have a good magento store if anyone needs an aussie commercial example.

I’m also in Sydney and would like to meet up with other Magento developers and users if anyone is interested.

Rod B

www.ramcity.com.au (converting to Magento soon!)

Magento Community
Magento Community

baldcat

Total Posts:  2

hey guys, Dan here in Melbourne.

Loving Magento.. I just wish I could figure out how to migrate a zencart site… A have a few of these I look after and would really love to move them over to a fresher look..

Apart from the garbage that is in the forum about using the oscommerce tool .... Has anyone else got a dot pointer, or a cheat sheet or something.... I really thought Zencart would have it’s own tool as it is quite a large player in the eCommerce world..

Magento Community
Magento Community

birdontheridge

Total Posts:  3

Hi Guys,

Add another Sydney-sider to the list!

Still a newbie to magento, but have got a test store up and running on a windows server and am tinkering around with it’s functionality. Steep learning curve, but can see it will be very beneficial.

Thx to Chris for his fab extensions. Gr8 work!

Mitch

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Another near-Sydneysider here (Blue Mountains).

Very much on the hobby/hacking side of things, but also run a small online shop selling green and roasted coffee.
While tiny compared to many, I like having it do things properly and it looks like Magento will do that, so I’m in the midst of moving the store across from the current, heavily-hacked Cube Cart.

I’m very appreciative of Chris’s work here and releasing the Aust. extensions free of charge.

If anyone can suggest an affordable (whatever that means!) person who could customise a couple of aspects of Magento, I’m all ears… wink

Neil

Magento Community
Magento Community

lriver

Total Posts:  27

Hi all!

My name is luke and I am just getting a nursing store ready to launch.  just trying to get my head around the finer points of getting GST ext set up.

I am In Brisbane.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3