Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Points/Rewards and Product Subscription

bee1

Total Posts:  20

I agree...would be super awesome!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AutoDelivery

Total Posts:  3

This is exactly what our company, OrderGroove, does. As an ASP (or SaaS) we make it easy and affordable for online retailers to offer this subscription service to their customers for their frequent and recurring purchases.  We are fully integrated with Magento and know the platform very well since we’re already working with clients running Magento.

OrderGroove’s platform allows customers to have complete control over their auto-delivery schedules directly from your site.  Email reminders are sent prior to each shipment and customers may change their subscription schedule and/or cancel shipments at any time, online, 24 hrs a day through a simple interface.

If you are looking to launch an auto-delivery program, we would love to help.  Please send us an email to with your name, company name, url, and phone number and we will get in touch shortly.

Best Regards,

Greg Alvo

Magento Community
Magento Community

yogendrabmishra

Total Posts:  34
Bangalore

I have now working product subscription section where I can allow user to update the subscription section and even we can go with trial subscription.

Magento Community
Magento Community

crazyoval

I appreciate this thread is a bit old now so maybe there is a new discussion going on about subsciptions but I just wanted to add my interest in subscription services.

My experience to date is that x-cart’s subscription module is only half completed and is useful to no one. So I turned to amember having installed one sucessfully and knowing someone who runs their business by it too.

With one modification achieved at a reasonable price I have a live amember subscription service linked to x-cart however the scope of customization leaves the solution still looking a little amateur and it seems there is no way for me to have the modifications completed to achieve a fully pro looking proposition which clearly impacts on sales.

Therefore, if the Magento crew are still interested, I feel there is an opportunity now, today, to take the subscription model and blast the market by leading it.

All businesses IMO would love to move their business model to include regular payment options so it is almost, (IMO again) the ‘holy grail’ of ecommerce it seems to me right now.

Does anyone have any better experience than mine? Will Magento be able to achieve subscription services soon? I have two business projects in development that will require this functionality and one working today that I would gladly move across.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

Hi crazyoval,
what do you think about http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1469/recurring-module ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

crazyoval

Nice one, thank you, I shall check it out.

Thanks once again

Magento Community
Magento Community

sonician

Total Posts:  49

I agree that the Recurring subscriptions module at http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1469/recurring-module looks promising, and it’s great to see it should work with any pricing module and equally “too bad” it doesn’t work with off-site ones like Paypal Express etc. I assume from the explanation that this is basically impossible to do with a subscription module, but then on the other hand, I would think that you basically could write one that would include Paypal’s own “Add subscription” buttons even if a user then is directed off-site to complete his info?

In a way, to me that sounds like the module itself could be less complex, but would it work?

If not, do anyone have experience working with any of the payment methods that the Recurring Module as per above actually do support?

Cheers,

Henrik

Magento Community
Magento Community

crazyoval

yes amember is great in functionality but falls short in customization. maybe a better solution for starting out because you can use any paypal account.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yogendrabmishra

Total Posts:  34
Bangalore

I got it that. If anybody interested then let me know. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

lancebvs

Total Posts:  95

I would be interested in a product subscription module. Are you going to be releasing this as an extension?

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Adding my interest in a product subscription module…

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

miked2004

Total Posts:  214
Atlanta, Georgia

I have had a client ask for the ability to sell a product that will be billed continuously for a given period of time. So the request is for a subscription product, NOT as subscription based Site. I just wanted to make the distinction.

So does any one have a good list of what would be needed out of the Module?

1. Does Magento do another charge or is is it set up with something like Auth.Net ARB?
2. What information would be needed from the customer to set up the Recurring Payment?
3. How to maintain When and how often the Customer gets billed. (Goes back to Magento doing the charge again or Some kind of 3rd party subscription (AUTH.NET ARB))?

What other requirements are Needed/Necessary?

I am Curious because I would like to get a good grasp of what it would take before plunging into Doing it, But I would Love to get it done!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bonzodoors

Total Posts:  2

Hello,
I’m searching a Magazine subscription management extension for Magento since many weeks but I do not find it.

Do you know if there are some extension for that ?

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for my bad english…

French Developper

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sweet Tooth

Total Posts:  121
Canada

I don’t know if anyone has already mentioned it, so I feel obliged to do so, but if you’re looking for a Magento loyalty points extension check out the Sweet Tooth reward points system.  We’re currently working on version 1.3 which will contain some very exciting features.  Sweet Tooth Reward Points is also on Magento Connect.

A few people I’ve noticed in this thread are currently using Sweet Tooth,

Cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Acronis

Total Posts:  7
Texas

nel, I have already asked in your blog - with no reply. How your points & rewards can be compared to J2T http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1243/j2t-points--rewards ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community