Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
Points/Rewards and Product Subscription

snarkys

Total Posts:  124

Garrone - 05 November 2007 04:13 AM

i need the possibility to add some points to the customers who write a review for products.

thats a fantsastic idea, reviews are a fantastic way of turning page views into sales.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

Snarkys,

I like your idea for referral points and assigning point values to products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bzsaw

Total Posts:  141

I second or third or whatever this request. I have two stores that could use the subscription payment module. The points system would be a nice integration for sure too. I’m sure I could find a use for that.

Here is an example that we built a few years ago in regards to the subscription module.
http://tinyurl.com/4eeamw

Add something to the cart and you’ll be able to schedule right in line of your order. In the persons account is where they can log in and edit their schedule/frequency and or change products all together. They also have to turn it off to make it stop.

Thanks

CrashTest - 16 September 2007 04:50 AM

Something that might be fairly popular for promotion, and something that I am wanting pretty badly is a Customer Rewards system, based on points. 

Another thing that I would like, and also might be pretty popular, is the option for the customer to save their cart as recurring order, or subscription, that can be edited, or canceled. 

Thanks!

Pat

Magento Community
Magento Community

gadgetplay

Total Posts:  30
Basingstoke, UK

Yes, a Loyalty Points System would be great! Something I do actually need for my store.

Here’s how I would like it to work…

1. Customer purchases on store. For example a customer gets 5 points to the value of 50c per $1 spent. (points values can be edited by store owner)

2. When customer returns to store, their points are displayed within the quick access bar and in My Dashboard. Their points are also shown in the discount box on checkout which they can choose to redeem. Store owner can set the minimum amount of points that can be redeemed. For example this could be $2.50 minimum.

If anyone can come up with more suggestions on how it could work, please add to this as this is all I can think of at the moment.

Tim

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cacpro

Total Posts:  3

I would like to see the subscription module also. Is anyone currently working on developing this? and if so what is the time frame.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nicolas46

Total Posts:  210
Toulouse

I need point and reward system too. Any news on it ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalqlate

Total Posts:  26

Subscriptions and Points subsystems sound great!

Per Subscriptions:

1) A member should be able to create multiple “Baskets”, each with its own subscription options:

a) reorder period
b) reminder schedule
c) automatic or manual fulfillment

2) If Manual fulfillment, when the member is ready they can enter “My Subscriptions”, select one or more Baskets via check boxes, clicks “Add items in selected Basket(s) to the current shopping cart” action. This will allow items to be added and removed from the shopping cart as in a normal shopping experience.

Magento Community
Magento Community

StudioZ

Total Posts:  26

Me also would appreciate having the subscription module

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

@Tim: one more possible feature - the points should be used within a certain time (to motivate more shopping faster ).

Magento Community
Magento Community

fiber0pti

Total Posts:  81

I’m very interested in subscription management. A fine example would be the support that can be purchased from Magento for Magento maintenance. I have a product that I sell yearly maintenance and I would like it to renew after the end of the term unless cancelled by the customer.

Any idea when this might be added? I’ve done some searching and it seems to be a popular request, but also not an easy one to implement.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

fiber0pti

Total Posts:  81

I’m very interested in subscription management. A fine example would be the support that can be purchased from Magento for Magento maintenance. I have a product that I sell yearly maintenance and I would like it to renew after the end of the term unless canceled by the customer.

Any idea when this might be added? I’ve done some searching and it seems to be a popular request, but also not an easy one to implement.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

chalia

Total Posts:  3

Are there anyone developing module? If not, I would start develop soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loic_LC

Total Posts:  194
Paris, France

@ chalia

I’m not a developper, but I’m waiting for this contribution.(this being the main reason why I still haven’t converted my site to magento)
good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loic_LC

Total Posts:  194
Paris, France

To those interested in this module :
it seems nel has decided to restart the developpement
check it here :
http://www.magentocommerce.com/group/blog/action/viewpost/534/group/129/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sweet Tooth

Total Posts:  121
Canada

Loic is right, I actually am developing a Magento Points and Rewards Extension.  For concrete release dates, more information about what actually is going to be developed, a time frame, feature previews, etc, please send me an e-mail or PM me with your e-mail.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4