Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
Points/Rewards and Product Subscription

CrashTest

Total Posts:  43
Boise, ID

Something that might be fairly popular for promotion, and something that I am wanting pretty badly is a Customer Rewards system, based on points. 

Another thing that I would like, and also might be pretty popular, is the option for the customer to save their cart as recurring order, or subscription, that can be edited, or canceled. 

Thanks!

Pat

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CrashTest

Total Posts:  43
Boise, ID

Oh, hey, that’s great.  However a process where the customer can come in and redo an order that they have done in the past (ie. reorders) is not quite the same as an automatic subscription, or an order that automatically repeats every 2 weeks, 4 weeks, etc.  The difference being manual vs. automatic.  Pre-orders might be a little closer, but wouldn’t that be putting something on order if it doesn’t happen to be in stock yet?

Pretty close, and when implemented these items could be a great basis for automatic ordering/subscription/recurring orders.

Thanks, though, for pointing out something that might prove relevant in the future smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

rl2000

Total Posts:  6

I second that, both ideas, customer packages that would be editable from the admin side as well would be very cool.

A points and reward system is soemthing I would definately need.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

I’m also very interested in subscription management.
For example, some virtual products (services) that would need to be paid every month/week/year.

I can’t see it in the roadmap. Is it part of it ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

GPutignano

Total Posts:  214
Lauria - Italy

i need the possibility to add some points to the customers who write a review for products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ibn Saeed

Total Posts:  25
UAE

Garrone - 05 November 2007 04:13 AM

i need the possibility to add some points to the customers who write a review for products.

This is an excellent idea.

IT will really help the merchant as well as the customer. Customers can be encouraged to right review/testimonials whereas the merchants can benefit from their reviews.

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Subscription module is not part of the road-map for the first stable release of Magento. I am sure that if there will be a demand for this feature that either Varien or the community will add this to Magento.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

@Yoav
Thank you for your answer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

digitallysmooth

Total Posts:  3
Denver, CO

YoavKutner - 05 November 2007 03:34 PM

Subscription module is not part of the road-map for the first stable release of Magento. I am sure that if there will be a demand for this feature that either Varien or the community will add this to Magento.

I’d like to see a subscription module as well. Every open source ecommerce package (and a few commercial ones as well) I’ve tried has either skipped this completely or got it all wrong. Does anyone know why this might be? I can’t imagine it is for a lack of merchant interest.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jacson

Total Posts:  4

I would to chime in for support of subscription or recurring payment feature.
It is definitely a needed features for the projects I have coming up.

Also automated reminders to customers for purchases… need it. want it. will have to build it if not out of the box.  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Synchro

Total Posts:  2

I’m after subscriptions too. At the moment I’m using Paypal subscriptions (one of the few that actually works!) with my own automated processing of their IDN feedback mechanism, which is not very pretty.

Is there a Magento API that I can use to check for example the payment status of an account/invoice from an external app?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loic_LC

Total Posts:  194
Paris, France

I need point and reward system too. It has prooved its efficiency over the years in my shop.
I hope to see a contribution coming up soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ricemunky

Total Posts:  2

Rewards sound nice, but the subscription service is, for me, high on my own list. I agree with Digitallysmooth, also being one that uses a commercial cart system with a feeble subscriptions module (why did they even bother?), that subscription features is severely lacking in cart solutions, and this is a poorly constructed sentence. The demand is there. Enough to plop it onto the roadmap, I would say (and maybe beg a little?).

Magento Community
Magento Community

ashanholt

Total Posts:  33

I would be happy to offer support for the development of a subscriptions feature. A client of ours is very interested in Magento, but you know the story, there’s always one feature holding back adoption, and this one is it!

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

I am also interested in a subscription service. We call it continuity sales, recurring billing, auto billing, etc. Half the battle is getting the recurring charge to work properly and notify the customer. The other half of the battle is the products (if it isn’t a service that is recurring) that need to be shipped. A great example is a book of the month club or DVD of the month club. We would love to have a DVD of the month club for our products but I have yet to find an ecommerce solution that will accommodate a subscription autobilling autoshipping option. I am pushing for Magento for our ecommerce website and this would be a huge plus.

Raymond - I’ll contact you about perhaps working together in development of a subscription module.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

snarkys

Total Posts:  124

I would like to see a rewards modual that gives you points for the money that people ou refured spend

IE a feature hooked up to your account that allows you to email a friend/coworker with an invite to create an account on the site. From that point on not only do you get points for the money you spend but you also get points for the money your referrals spend.

There are two reasons why I suggest this

1) For many business word of mouth from satisfied customers is their primary source of new customers. This motivates this positive behavior and rewards it with free stuff or gift certificates. This can not only be some of the best advertising you will every get but also the cheapest. You can configure the points to be as worth as much as you want them to be to adjust how much this costs you and how much you want to motivate your customers to be your salesmen.

2) For many online business a customer simply never shops at one store enough for the points to have any real meaning. While they can still be a motivating factor they won’t be a strong driving force to always shop with you . It can also be cool for customers to know they are earning points without even shopping . They may even want to check in now and then to see how many points their friends have earned for them lately , anything that gets them to check back in with your site frequently is a good idea : )

Lastly it would be nice if the points were not arbitrarily assigned via how much an item or order costs but rather per item . Give each item a space to enter how many points it is worth or at least a space for “bonus points” . This can make some items more attractive than others or make your site more attractive than another if price and service are the same. It can also provide a unique way to circumvent manufactures pricing limits.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 4