Magento Forum

Very simple tax rates

Roderik

Total Posts:  35
Belgium

I’m setting up a shop based on magento for use in Belgium, and i need to add to all products and all customers a 21% tax, that is shown in the catalog. So i need to display, even for guests, a product with a price of €100 as €121, but in the overviews the 121 needs to be split out as 100 and 21 tax.

I’ve just installed magento so i’m currently at step one of this setup, trying to create the tax rate. The admin forces me to choose a US state. Since we don’t have US states in Belgium, and the origin of the customer is not a factor in the tax calculation, i’m wondering how i can make this happen.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jsperri

Total Posts:  126
Fistufle

Tax rates are currently implemented only for the US.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/225

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Roderik - for the preview version we only implemented tax rules for USA. We are working on different country rules now. This should be made available over the next few releases.

Thanks
yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

Grayson

Total Posts:  58
Netherlands

Just chiming in to add another voice to the list of folks who need international taxation. For me, it’s as simple as not being limited to US states--I just need to enter a single tax rate (19%) for all customers, all products. So a release that allows a single “elsewhere” option (or “global") would suffice.

As Roderik does, I also need the ability to display the price to the customer as one number including the tax, which is the norm here in Holland. On the back end the tax and raw product price will of course need to be split out and handled appropriately.

While I’m here: this is an excellent package. Professional and flexible. Head and shoulders above the canonical os ecommerce package (you know the one I mean smile ) and its offshoots, which I’ve used for the past two years.

Magento Community
Magento Community

seldon

Total Posts:  92

As mentioned elsewhere, im in need of this option too! It’s actually very important! (cant you guys just remove the requirement on the sate field in the form ?)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

For customizing tax rates see here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1735/

Magento Community
Magento Community