Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Gift Messages - how to display in the admin

JJ Pagac

Total Posts:  52
Madison, WI USA

Hi,

I searched the forums and see a problem related to Gift Messages.

1.  When a person orders a gift, and gets a receipt via email, they see the gift message
2.  This is the last time this message is displayed.

It doesn’t appear in the invoice in the admin, nor the packing slip.  The question is why would magento not display this anywhere for the admin could see it to either have it printed on the packing slip, and or just had write a message on a card before packing the product for shipping?  Am I missing something?

So, I manually went in to find the “gift_messages” table and see that it is actually being stored.  This is good, but why not display it somewhere.

More disturbing, and maybe this is just me, but I see that all the values in the “customer_id” column are 0.

Any ideas on what is going on?  1.  Why there is no place to display the gift message to the admin. 2. Why are all the customer_id values set to 0?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

divya.aruna411

Total Posts:  2

I have the same problem.
Were you able to find any solution for this problem.
If yes, then can you share it with us.

Thank You.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community