Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Using product position not working for display priority

ISM_eCompany

Total Posts:  6
The Netherlands

Do not use negative numbers for Product positions in a Category. One of index tables has unsigned column for this value. After re-indexing Category Products index, the sorting will be wrong.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

landofmoab

Total Posts:  1
Salt Lake City, Utah

This thread has been the biggest help of all for me. My products wouldn’t sort no matter what I did. I tried altering the code and followed the steps of dozens of sites (which all said the same things). After everything I found the trick was to go to Admin -> Catalog -> Category -> Display Settings and change Is Anchor to No. After I made that change, the sort orders that I had set on the Category Products tab instantly worked, whereas before they never made any kind of change. I don’t know what the Anchor is and this seems like I’m just working with a glitch rather than working the right way, but it worked. Thank you for everything that’s been said here, it’s been my best inspiration yet!

Magento Community
Magento Community

karthimagento

Total Posts:  1

I faced the same problem and followed those steps but i didn’t get the sorted position output..I am using magento 1.7.0.2

1) Go to the admin/category and select the ‘Display Settings’
2) For ‘Available Product Listing Sort by’ deselect the checkbox for ‘use config settings’ and select sort by ‘Best Value’
3) For ‘Default Product Listing Sort by’ deselect the checkbox for ‘use config settings’ and select ‘Best Value’ from the drop down
4) Go to ‘Category Products’ and set the values for ‘Position’ and save.
5) Go to the cache and choose Layered Navigation Indice’ ‘Refresh Now’

And made changes Admin -> Configuration -> Catalog -> Catalog -> Front End -> Product Listing Sort by

to ‘Best Value’

Magento Community
Magento Community

rgoodrow

Total Posts:  31

I’m having an issue that may be related to this.

Even though all points in setup are set to Best Value (which I know is position)

that sort option doesn’t show up in the catalog view at all, nor does it sort by that option even if I adjust the url to explicity say ?dir=ascℴ=position

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chandra Kadam

Total Posts:  9

Recently, I faced same issue for custom attribute sorting on frontend. I wanted to show custom attribute first on front-end drop-down list. After doing couple of hours research
I found that, order for sorting is total based on the configuration setting. Changes to configuration setting worked for me. Below is the steps to follow,

1) Go to Admiin-Configuration->catalog->Frontend->Product Listing Sort by.
2) Set the ‘Product Listing Sort by’ as per your requirement.
2) Follow the same for all ‘Configuration Scope’ available. (Left corner, Current Configuration Scope)
3) Refresh the cache.
4) Done.

This will work for sorting.

Magento Community
Magento Community

katori87

Total Posts:  5
Việt Nam

Hi, you can use our extension to edit position prouct by easy way, smile, very easy:

Easy Position Product - Drag & drop Position Product

- Module allow you to drag and drop the products on top by easy way.
Just Drag => Drop => CLICK “Save position”
- Module use <strong>AJAX<strong> so it run faster and increase your sale by just dragging.

DEMO & SUPPORT
- BUY NOW
- VIDEO DEMO
(We apologize for this inconvenience, we will make live demo as soon.)
- SUBMIT A TICKET: (* Installation module, technical support)

How it works?

- Go to Admin -> Catalog -> Manage Products. (You can see video demo to see more).

Key Features:

- Compatible with CE 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8, EE 1.1 1.2 1.13
- Allow you to change position of the products, many products at time.
- Allow you to quickly change the name of the product .
- Allow you to quickly change the price of the product .
- Allow you to quickly change the product sku .
- Allow you to quickly change the quantity/stock of products .
- Allow you to quickly change the status of the product .
- You can view products per page 1000 .
- Allow you to change the columns displayed in the product list.
- Display pictures of the product on the product list.
Tag: easy position products, position product, ajax position product, drag drop position product, ajax cart .VIDEO DEMO

Magento Community
Magento Community

FmeAddons

Total Posts:  123
USA

Try this improved sorting extension as it take the catalog sorting to one step ahead and allows you increase sorting option and set a default filter that can be best seller, hot products etc.

For more details - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/sort-products-extension-improved-catalog-sorting.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2